Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"Our Light Affliction" -2

"It's not hard to do, if you really want to!!!" That would have been my title , if I could have shortened it! I'm pretty sure that we would not have been told something was easy to do, if in fact it was hard; let alone if it was impossible. Have you ever been asked by a friend to do them a small favor, only to find yourself still helping them solve their problem three months later? It's like one of the worst things you can do to a friend, to tell them something will be easy, when you actually know that it will be almost impossible to do. So then, why do we so easily fail at not doing what we know that we should do, or doing what we know we should not do? Paul writes about this little problem in Romans 7:14-25; however, I do not believe that he wrote it so that it would make it alright; but rather to bring attention to something that needed to be dealt with. Besides, let's be honest about something here; when we sin, do we not want to sin when we are doing it? Or wait, let me see, The devil made you do it, right? That was the only excuse that I had growing up, seeing that I was the oldest child; the others would blame me; but come to think of it, I was usually at fault. Let me tell you something: if I want to sin, it is really hard to stop myself; in fact, it is hard to be stopped by anyone or anything. Put up a fence, and I will climb over it; put razor wire along the top of that fence, and I will find something to cut through it; charge the fence with electricity, and I will find the switch, and then I will cut my way through. O wretched man that I am, when I want to be!!! But I think Paul is talking about something else; something which is not based upon what we want to do, or don't want to do; it is actually more about something that we are placed into: another life; which, if not for the fact that we still had this tent, we would be detached from this flesh altogether!!! And with that being said: our real affliction that I believe Paul is referring to in 2 Corinthians 4:17 is actually our flesh! And, if you think that is not all; the word that is used for "light" means light in weight, agile; and I really love this one: quick, as in momentarily... :) "For we know that, if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked." (2 Corinthians 5:1-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment