Friday, August 26, 2011

"Getting Right With God - Really"

Good intentions are not always good enough! I tried to get up early this morning and get back into my prayer routine, but like most mornings these last few months, for some reason I can only fall into a deep sleep after around 3:00am. That does not allow for much sleep when you are getting up at 4:00! Regardless, I did had good intentions on getting up this morning and praying for the ones that I love. As I was driving around yesterday, I thought about something I said in yesterday's post; how that we can not seriously pray for our Pastor if we are holding something against them in our heart. In so doing, I was convicted of a few things which I have wondered, and even shared with others; no one who attends our fellowship, but nonetheless, I spoke them; in this I was wrong and need to be corrected. As a matter of fact, the more I think about it, the more I am assured that I must not only be corrected, but I must set out to undo anything which I have done. This might be something which requires more prayer and guidance by the Holy Spirit than you might think; because sometimes you could stir up more trouble in mending a statement, than you did by putting the statement out there in the first place. So then, why not leave it alone, and just stop saying anything wrong? Yes, I thought about that and considered it as the easy way out; but here is the deal with that: where is the correction? If I stand corrected, then who will know that I was wrong, but myself? Surely the ones that I had said something to would not, unless I specifically tell them that I was; and in telling them that I was, I must in all humility, make sure that I express the wrong that was done in my actions. Maybe, just maybe there could be a chain reaction which is brought about by this correction; wouldn't that be something? Do you know that God can see the intentions of your heart? Good intentions sometimes do matter, especially the ones that matter to God; because He judges what we do in our hearts; which sometimes are things which may or may not be played out in our lives; nonetheless, the intentions of our heart are the real proof of our love...or are they? "Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such a one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. For is a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. For every man shall bear his own burden. Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things." (Galatians 6:1-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment