Friday, June 4, 2010

"A Single Blade Of Grass"

I guess what it is that I am saying, is that this little thing, is just a very small thing really; but this very small thing is only a visible sign of a larger non-visible disorder. Because, when you think about it, the spiritual realm is far more complex and vast than the actual physical things that are apparent. I remember when I had my home in Bellflower: It was one of the biggest and best homes on our block; and I took much pride in making it's appearance match it's stature. One way that I did this was with my front yard. I laid Dichondra Sod in place of regular grass; but before I did, I had my Fumigator come out and lay tarps over the bare soil, to kill everything that may not have been taken out of that soil. In other words; what I could not see, that might still be living there after I had stripped out everything that was apparent; I had him kill with a fumigant. Then after laying the sod, I went out several times a day and searched for any growth that might not belong there, and rooted it up. Sometimes, I would actually lay on the ground, just scanning over the surface of the lawn, looking for just a single blade of regular grass that might have taken root; to get it out as soon as possible, so that it would not have a chance to multiply and spread. Several years after selling our home, my wife and I had been in the area, and drove by to look at our old home; the lawn was horrid. The Dicohndra looked like a weed infesting a bladed lawn. Apparently the new owners did not know how to care for this very special kind of lawn; nor did they know the importance of pulling out that single blade of grass, before it had a chance to spread. Really, what goes on below the surface of the lawn, is far more relevant than the way things appear on the surface. "Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed: But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, in strips, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by Love unfeigned, by the Word of Truth, by the Power of God, by the armor of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, by honor and dishonor, by evil report and good report: As deceivers, and yet true; as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things." (2 Corinthians 6:3-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment