Saturday, June 26, 2010

"Knowing We Are His Children"

"The Lord executeth righteousness and judgement for all that are oppressed. He made known His ways unto Moses, His acts unto the children of Israel. The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. He will not always chide: neither will He keep His anger for ever. He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities." (Psalms 103:6-10) I remember as a child getting the paddle for doing wrong, and I remember hearing, "This is going to hurt me more than it does you"; of course, I never really believed that was so. But now that I am a child of God, I can see that there is some truth in that saying; in a round about way. When I realize what Jesus went through to pay the price for my sins, how can a little spanking compare to that; for the things which I have done, and continue to do, were laid upon Him which knew no sin; yet the things I receive are only corrections really, because He received the punishment. I think the one thing that the Lord hates most, is when I do not trust Him. The reason I say that, is because it is at those times, when I feel furthest from Him; as if He has stepped away to let me try and do things on my own, until I get to a point where I get so desperate for His help, that I will cry out and surrender my will, and trust Him fully. This is one thing that we must completely come to understand: that the chastisement of the Lord is good for us. We may not think so as we are going through it, or even really understand why it is happening; but afterwards, we realize that we are a better child for it. Really, when you think about it in the proper light, it is one way that He lets us know that we are really His children; because it shows us that He cares for us, and our growing up, to be big and strong. Think about what it would be like if our earthly parents did not discipline us for the wrongs which we committed, but instead, just let us do whatever we wanted to do, with no consequences for our actions; what kind of a person would we grow up to be? And how would that relate to us, when we became of an age to realize just how little they actually cared for our overall well being. We are currently living in a culture where more and more, spanking a child is looked upon as a form of child abuse; when in reality, not spanking your child when they deserve to be spanked, is actually a form of child neglect. But the real product of what is being played out in our society, is actually ungodliness; where evil is called good, and good is called evil. And in some cultures now, we have something which they are calling 'Child's Rights'; where a child can go against the wishes of their parents, and they get the backing of the government when they do so. Things like: making your children go to church; or one that really has me wondering: a child as young as six years old, telling their parents that they are really a girl, even though they were born a boy; what the heck is up with that? In fact; they currently have established in this country, medical treatment for children as young as eight years old, who may feel that they are meant to be another sex; to receive medication which will stop, or slow down their hormonal growth until they reach an older age; which will allow them to be more successful in their transformation. Is there something wrong with this picture? My mom would say, "This is a prime example of the Nuts running the Nut House". God has established His laws for a reason, and when man starts to deny God, they also deny His laws; then we begin to see the fruit of that: Evil is called good, and Good is called evil! "And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of Him: For whom the Lord loveth He chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom He receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons: for what son is he whom the Father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons." (Hebrews 12:5-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment