Thursday, June 24, 2010

"Resisted Unto Blood" part 2

Okay; Now what was I talking about? Oh ya, Faith! Faith is a noun; the Greek word is 'Pistis', which means: Firm persuasion, conviction, belief in the truth, veracity, reality or faithfulness (though rare). 'Pistis' comes from the word 'Peitho', which means to win over, or persuade. In Hebrews 11:1, "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen", means that persuasion is not the outcome of imagination but is based on fact. In other words; if someone were to ask me, "How do I know God is real?"; I could just say that it was because I have meet Him, and that I know Him, and that He lives within me; which might be enough to put forth the basis for my belief, and might be enough for me to accept, but not convincing enough for the one asking the question. Well then, what is the convincing factor? Jesus, Jesus, Jesus! He came, walked among us, died on the cross, rose on the third day, and ascended up into heaven. Each and everyone of these things have been verified through history. This is a fact that has been recorded in history for over 2,000 years. So, when asked such a question, "How do I know God is real?", my answer could be, "Because He Lives!" Now when it comes to what my faith is put in; I must have my faith fully upon and in Jesus Christ, and Him only. Jesus not only showed us the way, He is the Way. Okay then, what about this 'Resisted Unto Blood', and how does it relate to faith? If we are to be following Jesus, and believe that He is the Way; then we must also pay attention to the things that He did. Okay; here is a question: How hard do you try to obey God? Do you try hard enough to break a sweat? Maybe you have; a little droplets here or there, as you wrestle with an issue. But have you ever sweat blood in that process? No, I don't think you have. I know I haven't; in fact, I don't know if I remember breaking a sweat over an issue. If the issue was that intense, I probably would have given in long before it came to breaking a sweat. But really, this is the reality of what sin is: It is going against God. If our desire is to not go against God, then what might be required of us is a little determination; which might cause us to break a sweat. "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God; but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." (Philippians 2:5-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment