Thursday, January 14, 2010

"Treasures of the snow?" Job 38:22 & 23




For almost 20 years I have been fascinated by this portion of scripture and what I believe it means. God was speaking to Job, and asking him a series of questions about creation and the way things are held together and work; and in chapter 38: 22 & 23, God says the following to Job; "Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? Or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail, Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?" It has amazed me to no end that this scripture gets so overlooked in the discussion of God, creation and the truth of God's word. Not till the end of the 1800's and start of the 1900's was man able to photograph a magnified snowflake. While researching this I ran across an article where there was a woman somewhere that claimed see had found 2 snowflakes that were the same; not... I seriously doubt that is possible. This is a creation of pure energy and spectacular beauty. I am so amazed by how God crafted such infinite glory in even the smallest of particles. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in some of these laboratories and research centers, as scientist dive deeper and deeper into the smallest of matter. The deeper they go, the more intricate and spectacular things get. Look at DNA and what they discovered there; how somehow no 2 DNA structures are the same; interesting, to say the least. Another thing about this verse that has amazed me is the timeline; "time of trouble", and, "day of battle and war". Something else occurred around the same time; World War One. For the first time in history, man was able to attack other portions of the world on a whole new level. No longer was it a matter of weeks, or months, that troops and artillery could be deployed to other continents; no now it was a matter of days, and hours. Man had now set out on a new military quest; instant and forceful attacks across the globe. I think we could call this the beginning of the time of trouble; the day of battle and war...What say you?


No comments:

Post a Comment