Wednesday, January 6, 2010

God's Kingdom Must Be First - Luke 9:59-62

There are definitely things that go on in our lives that we just can not understand. In the 4 passages listed in the title, the Lord shines a little light on why God allows them to happen. It is not about us! It's all about God, His Kingdom, His will in our lives and how we may be best used by Him. There is a little verse that comes to mind; actually it is even a song: "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added onto you..."(Luke 12:31) Verse 60 in Luke chapter 9 is also in Matthew 8:22; "Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead". This sounds a little harsh, doesn't it? But in Luke 9:60 he adds; "but go thou and preach the kingdom of God". I actually think the next portion of scripture is harshest; Luke 9:62, "No man, having his hand on the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God". That one hits hard and personal... We might ask ourselves why; 'why did I loose my job', 'why did I loose my house', 'why did I loose my kid', 'why did I loose my spouse', and on and on... But God would have us say, "Lord where are you leading me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment