Sunday, January 24, 2010

"All Means All" - Romans 8:28

Some days we just need to be reassured of just how much God loves us, and wants the very, very best for our lives. It is hard to grasp that sometimes when we are living through a trial, or a hardship that causes us to constantly search out for answers; answers that we feel we need, that will give us peace in our situation. Being trapped within this mortal body, I can sometimes loose sight of the things which are eternal; I am sure that is the same for the rest of us also. It is just that some days are worst than others; and it is at those times, we need to be assured. Paul writing in Romans chapter 8, continually speaks about being assured; about being confident; and about being persuaded. First off there is one thing we must be assured of; and when I say assured, I mean we must assure ourselves that it is so; "There is no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit"; Rom. 8:1. After saying this, Paul uses the next 16 verses to explain why there is no condemnation to us, and how we can tell if we are really in Christ. So the first thing we must do, is evaluate our walk; am I walking in the Spirit, and not in the flesh?; okay, I feel confident that I am; so now I can be persuaded. What am I persuaded of? Well, that there is no condemnation to me, because I am no longer living in the flesh, but in the Spirit; because Jesus has made me free from the law that would otherwise condemn me. Now that I have been persuaded, I know I have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby I cry, 'Abba Father', Rom 8:15; and know that I am a child of God. Next I consider, that being a child of God, He wants the best for my life and will get me through to the very end. How am I assured of that? "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us", Rom 8:18; we must assure ourselves of this. In the next 12 verses, Paul explains how that it is okay for me to feel this earning for the redemption of this body; in fact this is our blessed hope, that we will be delivered from the bondage of this corruptible flesh, and given a new body that is not corruptible. So, this I am assured of; now I must be confident that "all things work together for good" to me, because I love God and I am called according to His purpose. I can also now be persuaded that He will complete this in me to the very end; "For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestine to be conformed to the image of His Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover, whom He did predesignate, them He also called; and whom He called, them He also justified; and whom He justified, them He also glorified."; Rom 8:29 & 30. Finally, I must be assured that there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that can separate me from God's Love. Well, that is easier than the first thing I needed to do; this is all about believing that God has already done it. Okay, what do I mean by that? I can be assured that it is so because Jesus died, rose and is now at the right hand of God, making intercession for me; verse 34. Knowing this makes me confident that no one can lay anything to charge of God's elect; to which I am one. Which brings me to this glorious revelation; "For I am persuaded, the neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.", Romans 8:38 & 39

No comments:

Post a Comment