Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Day

I woke up this morning thinking about the difference between being motivated by fear or by love; which lead to thinking about what it means to fear God; which lead to the love of God; which lead me to a really great time of devotion. When I thought about fearing God the one thing that did not make any sense was to be afraid of God. How can I be afraid of a God who Loves me so much? But I did come to consider the things I do that take advantage of that Love; and then I became afraid. Not afraid of God, but of my own actions which may cause offence to the One that loves me so much. However, when I started thinking about words which could define what it means to fear God, they took thier place right along side the Love of God. Words like: amazment,
reverence, humbled, astonished, mesmerized, floored; down I went...

No comments:

Post a Comment