Thursday, August 1, 2024

"Sweetness" - Too

 "The sleep of a labouring man is sweet, whether he eat little or much: but the abundance of the rich will not suffer him to sleep." (Ecclesiastes 5:12 KJV)

  "Many people say, "Who will show us better times?" Let your face smile on us, LORD. You have given me greater joy than those who have abundant harvests of grain and new wine. In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O LORD, will keep me safe." (PSALM 4:6-8 NLT) 

  Hopefully there is no misunderstanding my stand with God's protection upon His saints. No matter what, if you are His, I do believe that you will make it to the other side; you might be smoldering a little bit, but you will be safely in His arms when all is done! That isn't just an idea or a notion, that is what He has promised, all throughout the Bible: If you are one of His children, you will always be His child; if He has chosen you, there is nothing you can do that will make Him change His mind, because there is nothing you can do, that He didn't already know, before He made you His! As a matter of fact, He had you as His, before you were even born! 

 That's what I believe, and that's what I will keep believing for myself! Anyone else, I can't say anything to prove that they are 100% good to go, because that is only between them and the Lord. I have seen several people that have served hard and long, who just walk away: but even then, that doesn't have to be the end of their story! 

 About this sleep thing. I feel as though I sleep very soundly, because I don't usually worry about most things that happen in this life. That doesn't mean I sleep much, because usually it is only between 3 and 6 hours a night; sometimes, only 3 hours, and I am woke up by something, that I am still trying to figure out. By the actual time I get to sleep, it is between 10:00 and 11:00, sometimes later than that; but almost most of the time I am awaken between 1:30 and 2:15.

 I am beginning to think it is maybe something about that time, as if there is something significant that will take place during that time of the morning. It might just be that I like to watch Fox and Friends First, which comes on at 2am till 3am; yet I usually fall back to sleep until 4:00. My wife's bed is next to mine, so I cuddle up against her, watching the news, and end up slipping back into sleep.

 Regardless of the amount of sleep, restful sleep comes from being at peace with God! Make sure that you go to sleep praying, and you will wake up praising the Lord, almost every morning, no matter what time it might be! My bail bondsman from back in the day, whose name was Moses, had his company called, "Deep Water Bail Bonds", and he had a slogan that said: "Don't go to bed with a price on your head!"

 We should not go to bed angry with our spouse; and we surely shouldn't go to sleep without having peace with God...

"O LORD, I have so many enemies; so many are against me. So many are saying, "God will never rescue him!" Interlude "But you, O LORD, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. I cried out to the LORD, and he answered me from his holy mountain. Interlude "I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the LORD was watching over me." (PSALM 3:1-5 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment