Sunday, August 11, 2024

"Our Portion" - More or Less!

 "Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it is his portion." (Ecclesiastes 5:18 KJV)

  "God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God's masterpiece. He created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." (Ephesians 2:8-10 NLT)

 More than anything else, this is about rejoicing in that which God has given, whether it is great riches, large families, or even difficulties that cause you to be set apart; we that belong to the Lord are made for something that needs to be showing the gratefulness of all that we have been given. (I realized I was way out of hand yesterday with exclamation marks, so I am trying hard not to use any of them today.) 

 Whether it makes sense or not, this is the day before my 21st year of our mishap, if you don't mind me saying so. It was or it wasn't, depending on what you might believe. Some people look at it as if there is something totally wrong, while others might see it as something that shows love and compassion. I see God's hand at work, over and over, even when I feel as though I want to give up, He continues to give me strength and real companionship; something that is really hard to explain. 

 To be very blunt: It isn't just my wife which has been broken, because we are one. Both of us live with this together, for better or worse, we continue the journey till death do us part. That was the vow that was made over 42 years ago; why try and change it now? Everything works towards the good...

"I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you keep on growing in knowledge and understanding. For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ's return. May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation - the righteous produced in your life by Jesus Christ - for this will bring much glory and praise to God." (Philippians 1:9-11 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment