Wednesday, August 21, 2024

"A Price to Pay"

 "If a man beget an hundred children, and live many years, so that the days of his years are many, and his soul be not filled with good, and also that he hath no burial; I say, that an untimely birth is better than he." (Ecclesiastes 6:3 KJV)

  "Haman was a happy man as he left the banquet! But when he saw Mordecai sitting at the palace gate, not standing up or trembling nervously before him, Haman became furious. However, he restrained himself and went on home. Then Hanan gathered together his friends and Zeresh, his wife, and boasted to them about his great wealth and his many children. He bragged about the honors the king had given him and how he had been promoted over all the other nobles and officials. Then Haman added, "And that's not all! Queen Esther invited only me and the king himself to the banquet she prepared for us. And she has invited me to dine with her and the king again tomorrow! Then he added, "But this is all worth nothing as long as I see Mordecai the Jew just sitting there at the palace gate."" (Esther 5:9-13 NLT) 

 Forgive me for being a little bold this morning, but there are some serious things taking place within the world in which we live; things that I believe are going to usher in a whole new era, things which will set things in motion for change; the kind of change that many will not like, but will settle for, none the less. Happy as the world will be, it will be a lot like what we see above, in this illustration of Haman! 

 Anywho; God will not blink! His throne will not be compromised, and His will also will not be altered! The church will grow stronger, even if it loses some of their congregations, those that remain will be more bold and more courageous than ever before; this you can depend upon happening. Jesus said, "In fact, unless that time of calamity is shortened, not a single person will survive. But it will be shortened for the sake of God's chosen ones." (Matthew 24:22 NLT) 

 No matter what, these things don't surprise me or make me feel uneasy, not in the least! We that have our hope in Christ, we have hope that is not based upon worldly promises or upon the thing's government can give; but our hope is based upon the eternal life that we will have with Christ, forever and ever. You cannot outdo or undo what He has done; and nobody can take away the salvation that we have been given, period! 

 The way I see it, my life was not an untimely birth! Even though my life was filled with terrible mistakes and bad choices, God never gave up on me, He never stopped tapping my shoulder to get my attention, and He was always there, whenever I called out for help. Some people may not believe that, because there are some that say God doesn't hear the wicked when they cry out for God's help.

 If that be the case, then how can the wicked get saved? Today is the day of salvation; so, open your heart and cry out to God; He will listen...

"Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what he did for me. For I cried out to him for help, praising him as I spoke. If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened. But God did listen! He paid attention to my prayer. Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer or withdraw his unfailing love from me." (PSALM 66:16-20 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment