Sunday, August 4, 2024

"Bittersweet" - 2

 "But those riches perish by evil travail: and he begetteth a son, and there is nothing in his hand." (Ecclesiastes 5:14 KJV)

  ""I have seen that fools may be successful for the moment, but then comes sudden disaster. Their children are abandoned far from help; they are crushed in court with no one to defend them. The hungry devour their harvest, even when it is guarded by brambles. The thirsty pant after their wealth. But evil does not spring from the soil, and trouble does not sprout from the earth. People are born for trouble as readily as sparks fly up from a fire."" (Job 5:3-7 NLT)

 If you don't mind, I would like to share something that I have noticed under the sun; something that I will be more than able to explain, because I believe it is real, it is present, and it hurts to even think about the damage that it does, all around us. The point to being focused upon the things of heaven, and not the things of this earth, doesn't just involve money, but money does make the wrong desire more easily seen.

 To try and make this easy to understand, we only need to take a good look at our children; seeing how they react to what really matters to them, and we will discover what they see in us. I'm not saying that we might be bad parents, we are just not totally committed to truly following Jesus! We try to make our life seem we are truly His, but at the same time, we grab as much of this life as we can, trying to blend the two together.

 Take my word for this, because I know that it happens; it happened in my life, and I have seen it in many lives among the church. There is nothing really wrong in having fun, enjoying the life that you have been given; but if it becomes that which you are living for, then you have gone too far! We must be focused upon the things which matter most, letting the pleasantries of this life be secondary and least important.

 I know it might not sound all that important, to some; but we only have one chance to make this life count towards the Kingdom! That said, I might have a little good news to anyone that might have regrets: God is very forgiving and will not keep you out of Heaven for having messed things up! But your life here, under the sun, might not be as pleasant as should or could have been.

 It's a big price to pay, but at least you get to keep your soul...

"Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the LORD. Joyful are those who obey his laws and search for him with all their hearts. They do not compromise with evil, and they walk only in his paths. You have charged us to keep your commandments carefully. Oh, that my actions would consistently reflect your decrees! Then I will not be ashamed when I compare my life with your commands. As I learn your righteous regulations, I will thank you by living as I should! I will obey your decrees. Please don't give up on me!" (PSALM 119:1-8 NLT)   

No comments:

Post a Comment