Friday, August 30, 2024

"Sight on the Prize!" - 2

 "Better is the sight of the eyes than the wandering of the desire: this is also vanity and vexation of spirit." (Ecclesiastes 6:9 KJV)

  ""Then I will pour out a spirit of grace and prayer on the family of David and on the people of Jerusalem. They will look on me whom they have pierced and mourn for him as for an only son. They will grieve bitterly for him as for a firstborn son who has died."" (Zechariah 12:10 NLT)

 Before I meet Jesus, I was lost and searching for answers. As I have shared before, I had one of those small Bibles, which only had the New Testament; but it was with me everywhere I went, as I took every opportunity to read it: waiting in line for the phone, waiting in line for a meal; when I was waking up, when I was going to sleep; even while using the facilities. I kept under my pillow at night as I slept. 

 However, I was totally against going to church, as I felt religion was just a thing man created to take hold on innocent people and use them to gain money and power. That was pretty much based upon the fact that I grew up, off and on, practicing with the Jehovah Witnesses. Having been part of that organization, I was very much aware of the way they viewed salvation: If you didn't belong to them, you were totally lost! 

 That all changed when Jesus became the Lord of my life! I thrived on fellowship and going to church; it was more than just a place to meet and a place you were part of; it was the body of Christ, as we came together to celebrate and learn about everything He has done, is doing, and what is to come. Most importantly, we studied out of the Bible! 

 Maybe you don't understand what I am talking about, but that is not the way that I was raised. In the J.W. organization, if you studied the Bible all by itself, you were going to be in darkness, not knowing the truth. As a matter of fact, their way of making themselves relevant, is saying: "If you study through the Scripture Studies, in two years you will be in the light; but if you set the Scripture Studies aside, and just read the Bible alone, in six months you will be in darkness." 

 As you can see, I had a pretty good reason not to be part of any religion. My religion was just to believe in God, and to read the Bible; yet, I really didn't know God, except for the fact that He created everything that can see; even the things we cannot see: He is the Creator of heaven and earth, that much I knew and stood up for, ever since I was a small child. 

 What a difference it made to be introduced to the real Jesus! My whole life changed, because I accepted Jesus Christ into my heart: The Creator of Heaven and earth! My mind was blown, and I needed to share the truth I had been given! Not because I needed salvation, because that was already done; but because it was boiling up inside of me and needed to come out!  

 The whole reason I am sharing this is because, we that are in Christ already have everything we need to share the Good News; there is nothing more that we need, then the basic truth and the power of the Holy Spirit, and the desire to share Jesus. If you don't have the desire to share, then ask Him to give it to you; but don't ever think you don't have the ability to share, because that is His doing, it will not be you...

"Then he added, "Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be great earthquakes, and there will be famines and plagues in many lands, and there will be terrifying things and great miraculous signs from heaven. But before all this occurs, there will be a time of great persecution. You will be dragged into synagogues and prisons, and you will stand trail before kings and governors because you are my followers. But this will be your opportunity to tell them about me. So don't worry in advance about how to answer the charges against you, for I will give you the right words and such wisdom that none of your opponents will be able to reply or refute you!"" (Luke 21:10-15 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment