Friday, August 9, 2024

"Our Portion"

 "Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it is his portion." (Ecclesiastes 5:18 KJV)

  "Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others. By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life." (1 Timothy 6:17-19 NLT)

 Something else we should know, that is sometimes not clearly understood: God did not curse Adam and Eve with the judgment He gave them, at least not personally; but He did curse their labor and their comfort in this life. We tend to forget that God loves us, even when we fail to do what is right! They might have played the blame-game and made excuses, but they did admit to eating the fruit! 

 Yesterday I heard a little bit of a question someone had, asking, "Will God condemn any children that might be forced to get the mark; or people that might be autistic or not know any better?" The only instance we might have to help explain the answer, is given in Jonah 4:11, when God shows Jonah those who live to spiritual darkness, saying, "And should I not spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more then sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand." 

 Besides that, God is good! He does not enjoy killing, He does not want for us to fail; He has made the way for us to have eternal life with Him, by simply loving what He has done, by giving His Son! I know so many people that do not get that, nor do they even want to try. But for those who have, it is the most important thing there is to understand in this life, that really makes any sense! 

 God blesses those that bless others, in one way or another; this is something He loves to do, because He love us and wants to bless us. As I mentioned once before, when God speaks about us robbing Him, in Malachi 3:8, He wasn't talking about the money or the riches we take from Him, because that is all His to begin with; but we are robbing Him of the chance to bless us! By not doing what is right, we are taking away the blessings He has to give to us...

""They do not belong to this world any more that I do. Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth. Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world. And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth. I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. I pray that they will be one, just as you and I are one - as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me."" (John 17:16-21 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment