Wednesday, June 12, 2024

"Yet to Live"

 "Wherefore I praised the dead which are already dead more than the living which are yet alive." (Ecclesiastes 4:2 KJV)

  ""Oh, why give light to those in misery, and life to those who are bitter? They long for death, and it won't come. They search for death more eagerly than for hidden treasure. They're filled with joy when they die, and rejoice when they find the grave. Why is life given to those with no future, those God has surrounded with difficulties? I cannot eat for sighing; my groans pour out like water. What I always feared has happened to me. What I dreaded has come true. I have no peace, no quietness. I have no rest; only trouble comes."" (Job 3:20-26 NLT)

 There are certain days when we try to consider what could have been, thinking that we wasted certain parts of our lives. When, in the midst of feeling adversity or remorse, we really need to start counting all of the blessing we have been given, starting with the New Life! This makes all the difference in the world; no pun intended! 

 This might not seem like a Gospel Message, but I do believe that we can make one out of it, if we just look to see what is being said. Before we can really live and experience the wonderful life that God has given, we must first die to ourselves, letting Jesus live in us! 

 Oddly enough, before I was saved, I really was dead; like the walking dead, cut off from real life, life that comes from a relationship with the Lord, and a loving Father, which brings life to the dead and awakens those were headed to hell. I was dead, thinking that I was living, but now I am alive waiting to die...

 "For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live of die. For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don't know which is better. I'm torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live." (Philippians 1:20-24 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment