Saturday, June 22, 2024

"Looking Back" - Two

 "Then I returned, and I saw vanity under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 4:7 KJV)

  "Have mercy on me, O God, because of your unfailing love. Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins. Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin. For I recognize my rebellion; it haunts me day and night." (PSALM 51:1-3 NLT)

 One of the things my wife and I always tried hard to do, was to not go to sleep at night mad at each other. It sometimes wasn't easy, but looking back, I see myself wanting to be the victor, more times than letting her be the one to have the final word. I knew what we needed to do, but would refuse to do it, because of my pride and arrogance! 

 You should know, the greatest hinderance on your prayer life, is not that your prayers don't get answered; but that your prayers don't get spoken in the moment, when you should submit and humble yourself, letting God calm the storm...

"Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you. Then I will teach your ways to rebels, and they will return to you." (PSALM 51:12-13 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment