Monday, June 24, 2024

"Against All Odds" - Again

 "There is one alone, and there is not a second; yea, he hath neither child nor brother: yet is there no end of all his labour; neither is his eye satisfied with riches; neither saith he, For whom do I labour, and bereave my soul of good? This is also vanity, yea, it is sore travail." (Ecclesiastes 4:8 KJV)

  "Unless the LORD had helped me, I would soon have settled in the silence of the grave. I cried out, "I am slipping!" but your unfailing love, O LORD, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer." (PSALM 94:17-19 NLT)

 Unless we have purpose, our lives are wasted, and we live a miserable life! However, if we have purpose, even if our life is miserable, we can still have hope and joy and peace, because God is using us for His glory! Again, the most important part about doing what God wants us to do, is to do what God says, even if you don't really know how it will work or what He will do. 

 This Sunday's message really spoke to my heart; maybe it was more about removing idols and getting things right, but the part I got from it was about living for God, no matter what you are currently doing, you don't wait for a calling to live for God, you live for God, and see where He takes you! Seriously, for almost a year, I have been up and down about this business I operate; feeling as though it was a chain around my neck, and wanting to just walk away from it, file for bankruptcy, and live out my days without all of this headache and trouble.

 The Lord spoke to me very loud and clear, almost as if He was chastising me for being selfish. Whatever we are doing, wherever we are at, we must do everything we do as unto the Lord! Even if it might not feel pleasant, we are meant to be servants and ambassadors for Christ, no matter what. If your job, that God has you in, is seeming to be tearing you down, then make it work as a tool to make you humble. Maybe that might be exactly why you are experiencing what you are, to become humbler?  

 Planning to do things for the Lord, sometimes they just don't happen if your life is not Christ-like! We must be humble, putting others before ourselves, and focus more upon serving God, more than ourselves...

"So then, since Christ suffered physical pain, you must arm yourselves with the same attitude he had, and be ready to suffer, too. For if you have suffered physically for Christ, you have finished with sin. You won't spend the rest of your lives chasing your own desires, but you will be anxious to do the will of God. You have had enough in the past of the evil things that godless people enjoy- their immorality and lust, their feasting and drunkenness and wild parties, and their terrible worship of idols." (1 Peter 4:1-3 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment