Monday, June 17, 2024

"Run Your Race"

 "The fool foldeth his hands together, and eateth his own flesh." (Ecclesiastes 4:5 KJV)

  "I walked by the field of a lazy person, the vineyard of one with no common sense. I saw that it was overgrown with nettles. It was covered with weeds, and its walls were broken down. Then, as I looked and thought about it, I learned this lesson: A little extra sleep, a little more slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest - then poverty will pounce on you like a bandit, scarcity will attack you like an armed robber." (Proverbs 24:30-34 NLT) 

 Maybe this has been a waste of time, I feel sometimes. But, then again, I never have committed myself to something that ever made me feel like this: No matter what, I must go on! By the way, there is a very familiar work that I see going on in this world, because I do believe that the church is beginning to wake up, and people are starting to push back against the rampant evil going on.

 Maybe it's just me, but we need to start paying attention to what is going on around us. That might not be easy to do, because most of us are too busy just trying to scratch out a life, making our bills get paid, and hoping to make it through another storm. 

 Anywho; this is the point of what we see here today: Idle hands! Surprisingly, we can have idle hands, even while working to make a living; eating our own flesh in the process; because we just keep moving in circles and getting nowhere, spinning our wheels, wasting the tread life on our tires!  

 I really feel as though God is calling me to be doing something else; and the longer I keep putting it off, the more I feel as though I am wasting critical time, which will soon be over. God has given me reason to share, something to share about, and I that I must use it or lose it. 

 Having said that, I also believe that God has blessed me with certain things that should not be thrown away or discarded, as if to just walk away from responsibilities and the people who might count on me. This life is short, so we must count the cost of everything we might be called for, prayerfully making the right choices, and then letting God handle all the circumstances! 

 But, if you are being called to do something, then do something in that direction, and let God guide your steps; but by all means, you must step out and head in that direction...

"It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home and go to another land that God would give him as his inheritance. He went without knowing where he was going. And even when he reached the land God promised him, he lived there by faith - for he was like a foreigner, living in tents. And so did Isaac and Jacob, who inherited the same promise. Abraham was confidently looking forward to a city with eternal foundations, a city designed and built by God." (Hebrews 11:8-10 NLT)   

No comments:

Post a Comment