Wednesday, June 19, 2024

"Entering Rest"

 "Better is an handful with quietness, than both the hands full with travail and vexation of spirit." (Ecclesiastes 4:6 KJV)

  "For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shinning like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people." (Philippians 2:13-15 NLT)

 By the way, just to let you know, this work that I do is constantly causing me to grow weary and feel as though I need to stop; so, the point I made about throwing it all away, it was pretty much all about that, because it feels more and more like a burden than it does a job. Then again, I feel bad for complaining, because it does pretty good at paying the bills, most days. 

 I finished watching "Flywheel" last night, which reminded me that this business really belongs to the Lord; I have repeatedly given it to Him, over and over for almost 34 years. I say repeatedly, because I have had a tendency to somehow make it my own, over periods of time; and then realize what I have done, I plead for mercy and ask Him to forgive my foolish mistakes. 

 What a difference it makes when we give everything over to God; what a privilege to let God be in control, and we just become His faithful servants. If we can just slow down and pay attention to what He says, it makes all the difference in the world, just to be still and listen to Him. Doing what He tells us, we actually can enter into His rest; besides being led and shown what to do, we have the burden of what we do lifted, as it is all upon Him! 

 Anywho, that's my take, and I am going to try hard to live in that...

"But thank God! He has made us his captives and continues to lead us along in Christ's triumphal procession. Now he uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere, like a sweet perfume. Our lives are a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God. But this fragrance is perceived differently by those who are being saved and be those who are perishing. To those who are perishing, we are a dreadful smell death and doom. But to those who are being saved, we are a life-giving perfume. And who is adequate for such a task as this?" (2 Corinthians 2:14-16 NLT)   

No comments:

Post a Comment