Wednesday, June 26, 2024

"Companionship" - TWO

 "Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour." (Ecclesiastes 4:9 KJV)

  "Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him." So the LORD God formed from the ground all the wild animals and all the birds of the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would call them, and the man chose a name for each one. He gave names to all the livestock and birds of the sky, and all the wild animals. But still there was no helper just right for him." (Genesis 2:18-20 NLT)

 I have no doubt that there are many of you who disagree with my passion and resolve towards keeping my wife alive, because there are many who believe life needs to be viable and worth living, in order to be considered a vibrant life. I get the just of that, but I don't really think that it is up to me to take a life! This is something that I have left up to God! I have said, "As long as you have her here, LORD, I will do all that I can to love and care for her!" 

 Besides that, the big issue came about in the late summer of 2010. I was standing next to my wife, giving her something, while watching Fox News. Neal was interviewing Rev. Pat, (who is no longer with us,) and Pat said something that really made my blood boil. He said, "I believe it would be alright for a spouse to divorce their significant other, if they had a brain disorder; for the sake of companionship." 

 When I heard that, I wanted to throw something at the TV, but instead I spoke out, saying, "Tell me, O man of God, what companionship could you possibly have with a Holy God, if Jesus hadn't died on the cross for your sins?" I know, it might not be the same circumstance, but for him to say that, most likely gave a few, (if not many,) people who otherwise might have tried to care for a spouse, (even though they were suffering with a brain disorder,) a way out! 

 What about the Vow! "Till death do us part, so help me God!" I'm sorry if it doesn't seem worth the pain and suffering, but sometimes life just works out that way; we live with whatever God gives us, making lemon-aide out of lemons! 'Oh, but it hurts, and I am so overwhelmed!' I get that, believe you me! But God will give us the strength to endure, even that which seems overwhelming!

 Besides that, the love you experience caring for someone you cherish and love, even though you might not get anything in return; you cannot buy that! If there was anything that came close to unconditional love, that is about as close as you can get, to seemingly understand how God loves us.

 I opened this up with Genesis 2:18-20, mostly because of what God did for Adam when He had him name all the animals and birds; most likely some fish also. First off, God says that He would make him a helper who was just right for him," and then He has him name all of these living creatures, which, by the way all had male and female mates. God was giving Adam a desire for a mate! 

 Think about it, that God would give Adam the task of naming all these creatures, causing him to study them, observe their characteristics and how they moved, and what they might have eaten. Learning them, to give them proper names; discovering that there were male and female of every kind; he began to wonder where his mate was? why didn't he have a mate of his kind? 

 Obviously, this is how God works things into us, helping us to want what we need...

"So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep. While the man slept, the LORD God took out one of the man's ribs and closed up the opening. Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib, and he brought her to the man. "At last!" the man exclaimed. "This one is bone from my bone, and flesh from my flesh! She will be called 'woman,' because she was taken from 'man.'" This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one." (Genesis 2:21-24 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment