Tuesday, June 18, 2024

"Run Your Race" - To

 "The fool foldeth his hands together, and eateth his own flesh." (Ecclesiastes 4:5 KJV)

  "The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming - the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us." Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!" Just then his disciples came back. They were shocked to find him talking to a woman, but none of them had the nerve to ask, "What do you want with her?" or "Why are you talking to her?" The woman left her water jar beside the well and ran back to the village, telling everyone, "Come and see a man who told me everything I ever did! Could he possibly be the Messiah?" So the people came steaming from the village to see him. Meanwhile, the disciples were urging Jesus, "Rabbi, eat something." But Jesus replied, "I have a kind of food you know nothing about."" (John 4:25-32 NLT)

 Some races are like sprints, you show up, make a quick impression, and then your race has accomplished the work you were called for, while others like marathons which take you all over the world, making you a vessel that makes things happen everywhere you go. Surprisingly, both are equally important! 

 I have really no clue if what I will do, will do anything, but I do feel that I need to do something, because I believe God is telling me to go! What will I do, is just be present, enjoy some time taking my wife on walks around the RV Park, and just seeing what God might do.

 It could just be a chance to spend some very special time with my wife; or it could be a chance to share a very special life with someone that needs to know what it is like. But whatever, I just know that God is telling me to just go, letting Him do whatever, or nothing at all, it will still be worth going somewhere special with my wife, on her 63rd birthday! 

 This portion of Scripture, from John, does not mention whether or not she gave Jesus any water, but if she came to draw water for her house, she left her waterpot at the well, taking the water Jesus gave, and gave it out to the entire village! Jesus will tell the disciples, "Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields for they are already white for harvest!" 

 If you have heard this message before, it is that the Samaritans were accustomed to wear white turbans on their heads, which was what Jesus was pointing to, as they steamed up the hills from the valley below. Steams of white turbans, making the fields white for the harvest! 

 We have no clue what God can do in our lives, but when we feel like we need to do something, we need to run to what God has us to do! Obviously, I can't just show up at an RV Park on the 4th of July, expecting to get a site; especially when you have a 40ft rig, that needs 12ft clearance on the one side to let down the wheelchair lift! 

 I did the best I could, and just prayed it would all work out. The most important part of being where God wants you to be, is to show up where God tells you to go...

"Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it." (James 4:17 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment