Tuesday, October 31, 2023

"Struck With Fear"

 "When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he was the more afraid;" (John 19:8 KJV)

  "Then Job replied to the LORD: "I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you. You asked, 'Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?' It is I - and I was taking about things I knew nothing about, things too wonderful for me. You said, 'Listen and I will speak! I have some questions for you, and you must answer them.' I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes. I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance."" (Job 42:1-6 NLT)

 There are certain times in which we should just shut up and listen for God to speak; this just might be one of those times! The whole world is shaking; trembling, is the world used in the Bible, as God says, "Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about." (Zechariah 12:2a KJV)

 This too should give us hope; but most of all, we should examine where we are at in our walk with the Lord! Do we walk as though we are with Him? Because you should, He said that He would always be with us; so that must tell you that you are not alone, even when you might think that you are! 

 And yet, how are you treating the Lord? Is everything that you do, done as to the Lord? Do you control your life as if He is always with you? 'Not likely,' is most everyone's answer; and then there will be some that will say, 'Most definitely!' 

 Maybe I have already said too much, but I really do want to be ready when He comes for His church; which I really do believe is going to be soon, and very soon! But we must endure; we must continue to work and live and sleep and make every effort to share the Good News that we have been given. It's not just something that we have been told about, and now we get to share it; it is what we are, and it must be breathed out of us! 

 This morning, I too was struck with fear, as I thought about Pilate's reaction to what was said, I thought about some of my reactions to what the Lord has said to me. If I am being honest, most of the time it is, "I will take that into consideration," as if He is making suggestions to me, helping me manage my life. 

 I can recall a time that I was pulled over for speeding. I was driving my niece to Reno to get her daughter at the airport, and just came off a road that was 65mph, following a truck that was going way too slow. When we pulled onto Hwy 36, which was 55mph, as soon as I had a chance, I passed the truck. 

 My Cadilac really had some power, and for about six seconds, I gave it all it got; then looked down at the speedometer and I was over 80mph, on a 55mph Hwy. As quick as I could I slowed down, but I saw a Highway Patrol car coming towards me on the other side of the Hwy. As I watched him in my mirror, I saw him make a U-turn and head towards my direction. 

 I didn't even wait for him to pull me over, I just pulled over and stopped! He approached the side of the car where my niece was seated, and asked if I knew how fast I was going. I told him I was just passing a truck, and didn't realize my speed, only trying to get back into my lane. The officer said, "Well, I can give you a speeding ticket, or I can give you a fix-it ticket, which one would you like?" 

 As I recall, I hesitated, pondering what might need fixing; but no sooner than I could speak, he was leaning towards me through the window, and said, "I think you should take the fix-it ticket!" That was a pretty good suggestion, as anything 20mph over the speed limit is called, Hazardous Driving! 

 How is your driving? I drive around from job to job all day long; my driving is not worth bragging about, and that's being generous. When I am behind a car on a one lane road, and they are going 10mph below the speed limit, the first thing I think of, is that they are just trying to control me! And then when we get to a place where I could pass them, they somehow go faster, as if they don't want me to pass. 

 You think maybe I should just pray for them, as well as myself, and quit trying to judge their hearts! Well, that is the suggestion I get from the Lord! What are my chances of doing it? Maybe 40%, if I am not in a hurry! Do you see what I mean? Think about it, and then ask, "Where is the Lord in this?" 

 That might sound foolish, but it is the little things like that we tend to ignore and not think that much about. He is coming soon! Don't be found beating your fellow servants, when He comes...

"Wherefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:12-13 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment