Tuesday, October 17, 2023

"His Kingdom Now!"

"Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this would, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence." (John 18:36 KJV)

  "For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. His government and its peace will never end. He will rule with fairness and justice from the throne of his ancestor David for all eternity. The passionate commitment of the LORD of Heaven's Armies will make this happen!" (Isaiah 9:6-7 NLT) 

 There is really nothing more I can add to this, except to say that Jesus has taken hold of His Kingdom, as if this task was in the can! We really can't understand what this might be like, because we have never been there; but Jesus knows what His Kingdom is like, because He has been sent from there, and knows what will happen, how it will happen, and is prepared for all that will be happening to Him! 

 Other than that, this little bit of information is to square Pilate's idea of who He really is, giving a little bit of an idea of why the Jews might want Him to be put to death. Besides that, if Jesus wanted to, He really wouldn't need servants to stop the Jews from capturing Him; He could say the word, and they would all disperse and scatter, as if they were just leaves, blowing in the wind. 

 I can recall a time, quite long ago, maybe it was around 1998; as I was home doing some reading in my Bible, there was a knock at the door from two J.W.'s. One was an elderly man, the other was a young woman; most likely she was new to this door-to-door stuff, because she was just observing what the elder man was doing. 

 I was wearing a shirt that had some slogan about Jesus, maybe it was "God's Gym", which was the one that had Jesus wearing the crown of thorns and having to cross upon His shoulders. Usually, I would have just introduced myself, said my piece, and sent them on their way; but that morning I felt as though I needed to make a point. 

 Just inside the door, was my office; on my desk was a bumper sticker that said, "Jesus Christ is Jehovah," which the elderly man saw when I opened the door. I realized that he saw it, and I knew what he believed, but for the sake of the young woman I decided to challenge him of his belief. I went and grabbed my Bible off the desk and opened it to Isaiah 9:6. 

 Before I could get a word out, he began to instruct me in the way that they believe; so, I let him have his say, and looked for an opening, praying that the Holy Spirit would speak, if not to both, but at least to the new convert. When the Spirit prompted me, I stop him from talking and said, well what about this, and read directly from my Bible, very audible, Isaiah 9:6. 

 The man walked away, in a hurry, and was leaning on the tree in front of my house, as if he was trying to catch his breath; while the young woman didn't know what to do or say. I asked if he was alright, and then told her that she should go and check on him. I never had another visit from any J.W.'s again, at the residence. 

 Please don't misunderstand me, I love the J.W.'s, because I know where they are at, and how much they are instructed to not move away from what they are taught. If they have any sort of questioning, they are instructed by the elders, and if they still have an issue, they are disfellowshipped and shunned. Even the slightest thought of what is said to be like, safely secure on the Ark, and they worry about being kick off, and not entering paradise. 

 God's Kingdom is not of this world, Period! The point Jesus is making, is not just an illusion or something that means something else! His is very serious about what He says: and we must take it to heart...

"One day the Pharisees asked Jesus, "When will the Kingdom of God come?" Jesus replied, "The Kingdom of God can't be detected by visible signs. You won't be able to say, 'Here it is!' or 'It's over there!' For the Kingdom of God is already among you."" (Luke 17:20-21 NLT)     

No comments:

Post a Comment