Monday, October 30, 2023

"Great Misunderstanding!"

 "The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God." (John 19:7 KJV)

  "Who has believed our message? To whom has the LORD revealed his powerful arm? My servant grew up in the LORD'S presence like a tender green shoot, like a root in dry ground. There was nothing beautiful or majestic about his appearance, nothing to attract us to him." (Isaiah 53:1-2 NLT)

 Before I say anything, I must make something clear: I am not complaining about my life, being broken is not something I am ashamed of, or something that I feel I don't deserve; it is my cross to bear, and I am more than humbled and thankful that I am privileged to take care of someone who I consider to be a part of me, for we are one in Christ! In that regard, I am broken, because there is a part of me that cannot be or do the things that once could be done! Other than that, my love for her is greater, because God has shown me how to love unconditionally! 

 And then there is this word, "made," which in and of itself does not work! Nothing can be made from nothing, because there is only One that can make something from nothing, and that is GOD! Oh, my goodness! If you might be forced into a life that might seem overwhelming and tragic, embrace that life and thank God for something special! You are a light, meant to be shinning and a testimony of God's great love and purposes! 

 As crazy as that might sound, it is the way God works! We are His workmanship, made for something that is not ordinary, but extraordinary and set apart to be a witness of God's great love! If you have been diagnosed with a sickness that might lead to death, then you are gifted with a chance to show off the hope within you, to be with the Lord! Let your light shine brightly, because you can make a great impact on those that otherwise may not pay attention. 

 If you are God's child, then you are in His hand and He has made you what you are, for His glory! He is not the one who caused you to be bad, injured, or sick; but He did know what would happen to you, and He knows best what to do with you, after you're broken! If you need some proof, look at Paul's life and you will see, a broken man, that is used of God! 

 Now, "made," is the word that was expressed here by the Jews, saying, "he made himself the Son of God." To be factual, the Son of God, was brought into this world by the Holy Spirit, as we read, "The angel replied, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the baby to be born will be holy, and he will be called the Son of God."" (Luke 1:35 NLT)

 Somewhere they were misinformed and did not get the memo! "For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6 NLT) So the point about Him making Himself, was not true: He was given to us by the Father! Made into a Man, so that He was able to be broken...

"He was despised and rejected - a man of sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief. We turned our backs on him and looked the other way. He was despised, and we did not care. Yet is was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God, a punishment for his own sins!" (Isaiah 53:3-4 NLT)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment