Wednesday, October 18, 2023

"For This Cause"

"Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice." (John 18:37 KJV)

  "But you, Timothy, are a man of God; so run from all these evil things. Pursue righteousness and a godly life, alone with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness. Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have confessed so well before many witnesses. And I charge you before God, who gives life to all, and before Christ Jesus, who gave a good testimony before Pontius Pilate, that you obey this command without wavering. Then no one can find fault in you from now until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again. For at just the right time Christ will be revealed from heaven by the blessed and only almighty God, the King of all kings and Lord of all lords. He alone can never die, and he lives in light so brilliant that no human can approach him. No human eye has ever seen him, nor ever will. All honor and power to him forever! Amen." (1 Timothy 6:11-16 NLT)

 Sorry for the long reading, but I could not leave out anything, as this is something I feel has been too late and little spoken about, especially among brothers and warriors of the Lord! Have you ever wondered why it is that we can so easily fall into a life that is filled with compromises? If I told you that it was based upon our faith, would you believe me? 

 I can't help but think of something I saw, (or felt is more like it,) which was the way Jesus asked Peter three times, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?" A topic to be looked at later, but for the moment, I feel the need to share just one thing: Do we love Him enough to give Him our life? I'm not saying life, as in being killed; but it is about life, and in the pleasures of this world we want to hold onto, even though we might feel uncomfortable in our participation of them. 

 I'm not talking about sin, unless it is convicting to you, and you do it anyways; but little things like smoking, drinking, and maybe watching movies that you shouldn't watch. Those are the things that we might do at home, but most likely will not do when we are hanging out with fellow believers. 

 Without getting too legalistic, I will tell you a little secret that I have learned, by experience: Your life in Christ Jesus begins at home! If you are not being a good example of a godly man or woman at home, then you are hiding behind a mask out in public and in church. Even if you think you're doing okay, but you family isn't, you're not okay! 

 This is a result of having compromises; little things, turn into bigger things, without even realizing that those you care about the most, may not believe you are all that serious about serving the Lord. Sorry, but I just had to get that off my chest! I think I will continue to share, "For This Cause," tomorrow, Lord willing!  

 If you want to practice anything to help, insert your name, in place of Timothy: "But you, Richard, are a man of God"...

""Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink - even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk - it's all free! Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength? Why pay for food that does you no good? Listen to me, and you will eat what is good. You will enjoy the finest food."" (Isaiah 55:1-2 NLT) 


No comments:

Post a Comment