Sunday, October 29, 2023

"Too Hot to Handle"

 "When the chief priests therefore and officers saw him, they cried out, Crucify him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Take ye him, and crucify him: for I find no fault in him." (John 19:6 KJV)

  ""'Don't be fooled into thinking that you will never suffer because the Temple is here. It's a lie! Do you really think you can steal, murder, commit adultery, lie, and burn incense to Baal and all those other new gods of yours, and then come here and stand before me in my Temple and chant, "We are safe!" - only to go right back to all those evils again? Don't you yourselves admit that this Temple, which bears my name, has become a den of thieves? Surely I see all the evil going on there. I, the LORD, have spoken!'"" (Jeremiah 7:8-11 NLT)

 Forgive me if I might have spoken too much about stuff that we know nothing about! Seriously, nobody really knows what God knows! But He has told us in His love-letter, that He knows everything, that there is nothing hidden from His sight, and that He has known us, even before we were in our mother's womb. But even then, we still don't know enough about what God knows, that we might try to write a book about it! 

 When they saw, 'The Man,' they became horrified! Offended, yes; but there was too much to take in, seeing a man marred so badly, crowned with thorns piercing His head, blood running down His face, and wearing a rob, to show His royalty and stature. It was way too much to take in! The only thing they could do, besides looking away, was to get angry and fiercely yell out: "Crucify him, crucify him!"   

 If you could only see what God saw, in their hearts! There is nothing we can see in the hearts of those we know; it is hard to know our own heart, let alone the heart within someone else. But God can see your heart, before you do something, while you are doing something, and after you have done something; He sees everything within you! Don't you think by that, that He can see your every move! 

 That wasn't a question, it was a statement to be considered and to think about! I would think by now that the chief priests might have remembered what was written about Jesus, having seen Him beaten so badly, they might have remembered what they had read, from childhood, no doubt! But this was not what they assumed would be, or they would have not been so quick to judge Him. 

 There is something that has been tearing at my heart, for two years now, (man, how time flies!), which involves the man's responsibility to be the head of his household. It was brought to my attention, when I watched a movie called, "Unstoppable", which was put out by Kirk Cameron. Whenever I try and share what God has put upon my heart, I seem to offend any brother I speak to, and they tell me, without saying it, "To shut my mouth!" 

 It is hard to share, but it is something I feel needs to be done! You that might have been following this blog, should know by now that I have been broken: if you don't know, then I will let you know: I am a broken man! My wife is broken, and I can't fix her; and all I can do is to care for her and hold her in my arms, hoping for some sort of reaction! 

 That said, I can seriously say that God has me, and my wife, right where He wants us to be! Crazy as it might sound, it is more about love, than it is about living...

"For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God's word." (Ephesians 5:25-26 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment