Wednesday, November 1, 2023

"Who Are You?"

 "And went again into the judgment hall, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art thou? But Jesus gave him no answer." (John 19:9 KJV)

  "During the night Jacob got up and took his two wives, his two servant wives, and his eleven sons and crossed the Jabbok River with them. After taking them to the other side, he sent over all his possessions. This left Jacob all alone in the camp, and a man came and wrestled with him until dawn began to break. When the man saw that he would not win the match, he touched Jacob's hip and wrenched it out of socket. Then the man said, "Let me go, for the dawn is breaking!" But Jacob said, "I will not let you go unless you bless me." "What is your name?" the man asked. He replied, "Jacon." "Your name will no longer be Jacob," the man told him. "From now on you will be called Israel, because you have fought with God and with man and have won." "Please tell me your name," Jacob said. "Why do you want to know my name?" the man replied. Then he blessed Jacob there. Jacob named the place Peniel (which means "face of God"), for he said, I have seen God face to face, yet my life has been spared."" (Genesis 32:22-30 

 "Do not judge others, and you will not be judged." (Matthew 7:1 NLT) This verse is one that is used in ways that Jesus did not intend, but that does not stop anyone from using it any way that they judge it to be used. Though, their judgment to use it as a defense for sin, almost places them in the arena of trying to judge God, which is not going to work well with them! 

 Pilate only was wanting to know where Jesus was from, as in His origin. Although Pilate had many gods that he believed in, if Jesus really was the Son of God, he wanted to know which god he might be dealing with; just in case it was true, he wanted to know. 

 If you think back to those days before you got saved, there were most likely some variations that you had about what God was, how He looked, and where He was; most of us were seeking answers, but not really knowing who to ask; or who to believe, when we got an answer. 

 As I stated before, as far back as I can remember I have always believed in God. I never bought into the whole evolution idea, and really thought it was a joke. I prayed to God when I felt sad or worried, but once I was okay, I didn't think too much about Him. 

 At around thirteen, I got a little excited about possibly serving Him, while my family dug-in-deep with the J.W.'s in hopes to get things better for our lives. I even went to a friend's house to tell him that I was going to start sharing door-to-door about God. He laughed and asked me what I had been smoking. 

 Not too long after that, the sober time was interrupted, my parents were drunk, fighting and getting crazy, so I left; put on my boots and Levi jacket, and walked out of the house. This was when I judged wrong! It's really not that hard to imagine; having your hope built up, and then having it knocked out from under you, because it happens all the time, in too many ways, and to too many families.

 Forgive me, but I think I need think about this for a moment...

""If only my head were a pool of water and my eyes a fountain of tears, I would weep day and night for all my people who have been slaughtered. Oh, that I could go away and forget my people and live in a travelers' shack in the desert. For they are all adulterers - a pack of treacherous liars. "My people bend their tongues like bows to shoot out lies. They refuse to stand up for the truth. They only go from bad to worse. They do not know me," says the LORD." (Jeremiah 9:1-3 NLT) 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment