Thursday, November 9, 2023

"Say What!"

 "But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar." (John 19:15 KJV)

  "In those days Israel had no king; all the people did whatever seemed right in their own eyes." (Judges 21:25 NLT)

 Wow! This is pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back, as my mom would say! You want to have no king but Caesar, then here you go! No king shall you have! However! Although they might not have had an earthly king, King Jesus would be ruling from heaven, seated at the right hand of the Father, waiting for that special day to come, when He would come for His bride! Come Lord Jesus, come! 

 On a more personal note, what the heck is going on in this place, "The land of the free, and home of the brave?" We have so many different breakdowns in our own economy, the borders, and government; yet we have sent our Transportation Secretary to Ukraine to assemble some sort of remake of their economy and infrastructure. This just doesn't make sense! 

 I'm sorry, but I might not be very good at controlling my own finances, but come on! If this country is going to be here in another 200 years, which I doubt, that generation will still be trying to pay for all of the money this current generation has spent, and keeps on spending, as if there is no tomorrow! Does someone know something that they are not telling us? 

 Anywho; this conversation between Pilate and the chief priests, is beyond stupid and absurd! Pilate does not respect these Jews, and these Jews do not really care for Caesar. If I could take a guess, I can only imagine that Jesus was standing there rolling His eyes; much like everyone does here, every time the President speaks! 

 If I tried to relate this to something from the Bible, it would be the story of Balaam's Ass...

"So the next morning Balaam got up, saddled his donkey, and started off with the Moabite officials. But God was angry that Balaam was going, so he sent an angel of the LORD to stand in the road to block his way. As Balaam and two servants were riding alone, Balaam's donkey saw the angel of the LORD standing in the road with a drawn sword in his hand. The donkey bolted off the road into a field, but Balaam beat it and turned back onto the road. Then the angel of the LORD stood at a place where the road narrowed between two vineyard walls. When the donkey saw the angel of the LORD, it tried to squeeze by and crushed Balaam's foot against the wall. So Balaam beat the donkey again. Then the angel of the LORD moved further down the road and stood in a place too narrow for the donkey to get by at all. This time when the donkey saw the angel, it lay down under Balaam. In a fit of rage Balaam beat the animal again with his staff. Then the LORD gave the donkey the ability to speak. "What have I done to you that deserves your beating me three times?" it asked Balaam. "You have made me look like a fool!" Balaam shouted. "If I had a sword with me, I would kill you!" "But I am the same donkey you have ridden all your life," the donkey answered. "Have I ever done anything like this before?" "No," Balaam admitted." (Numbers 22:21-30 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment