Sunday, November 12, 2023

"Golgotha"

 "And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called the place of the skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha:" (John 19:17 KJV)

  "[Young Man] You are a garden fountain, a well of fresh water steaming down from Lebanon's mountains. [Young Woman] Awake, north wind! Rise up, south wind! Blow on my garden and spread its fragrance all around. Come into your garden, my love; taste its finest fruits. [Young Man] I have entered my garden, my treasure, my bride! I gather myrrh with my spices and eat honeycomb with my honey. I drink wine with my milk. [Young Women of Jerusalem] Oh, lover and beloved, eat and drink! Yes, drink deeply of your love!" (SONG OF SONGS 4:15 - 5:1)

 Well, that is pretty deep! At first glance, especially after all the Young Man had to say about the Young Woman from 4:1 to 4:14, I can see why so many that teach on this very special book, make it all about the liberties of the husband and wife. However! If you really want to experience the glorious version of this Book, the greatest Song ever written, you must put on your spiritual glasses and dive deeper into the true meaning of what the Holy Spirit has written! 

 If you recall the things I shared during the small, very confusing time, I shared on this, my opinion of who these Young Women of Jerusalem were, it was obvious to me that they represented the Holy Spirit. And, with that, Jesus Christ was the Young Man, with the church being the Young Woman. If you have the ability to do so, I recommend, you section it off, accordingly; if you have the desire to get deep into real love!  

 Golgotha, the place of the skull; so called, because the hill which was there had the resemblance of a human skull. This is also supposably the place where Abraham took Issac to be sacrificed; additionally, it is said to be the place where the Threshing Floor was that David purchased, after he saw the giant angel that was slaying the children of Israel, because of his Military Census.  

 I have this thought; this place is acquainted with many more happenings throughout the Bible; many of which involved transformation and spiritual activity, the likes of which, changed the course of history! Without getting weird or morbid, this was something Jesus was looking forward to, even though it was going to hurt! Talk about spiritual activity and transformation! 

 People look at this, wondering, 'How does this work, that Jesus took away my sins?' 'Is there any proof that my sins were forgive by His death on the cross?' Well, another deep subject! But: How does this blue ball keep on spinning? What makes this earth stay in orbit? Why hasn't it come any closer to the sun? 

 Thank Christ Jesus for holding it all together! If He can do that, He can surely take on all our sins...

""But the time is coming," says the LORD, "when people who are taking an oath will no longer say, 'As surely as the LORD lives, who rescued the people of Israel from the land of Egypt.' Instead. they will say, 'As surely as the LORD lives, who brought the people of Israel back to their own land from the land of the north and from all the countries to which he had exiled them.' For I will bring them back to this land that I gave their ancestors."" (Jeremiah 16:14-15 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment