Saturday, November 18, 2023

"For The Record"

 "Pilate answered, What I have written I have written." (John 19:22 KJV)

  "Human defiance only enhances your glory, for you use it as a weapon." (Psalm 76:10 NLT)

 If there is one thing I have learned to understand, over these last four decades of walking with the Lord, it is to not forget to ask God to forgive me; no matter how often I might stumble or fall, He will never cast me out or abandon me! This is something I have had to accept as His promise, not mine; when I make a promise, it is at best, a maybe; but when God makes a promise, it is Yes and Amen! 

 I hope you can see the point that I am making, because He chose you, knowing full well what you are and how many times you would mess up; nothing we do will surprise Him! But He surprises us, over and over, dusting us off, and sending us out again; giving us another chance, yet already knowing we will do something wrong again. 

 His love is not determined by the things we do, but by the ways we count on Him to get us through; trusting in Him, believing in His promises, and living out this life, knowing that we will end up in His presence! That is what Faith means, it is based upon Him and His promises towards us, not that we have anything to give Him, accept to just believe that He loves us, more than anything we know, He loves us! 

 If I seem to be optimistic, it is only because I believe in what the Bible says, and that none of us are worthy on our own! Everyone needs to be washed by the blood of Jesus, Everyone! Romans 3:23 -24 says: For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins." 

 There is something else I feel needs to be examined, hopefully I will not mess it up! If you look at the verse from Psalm 76, it shows us something that I believe must be understood, without trying to boast or think about getting away with something. The weapons used by God are for His glory; all things work towards His plans and purposes. 

 There is this thing called evil, which is not of God, but is no doubt present and will eventually be put under control. It was said by Jesus, in Matthew 25:41, that hell was created for the devil his angels; so, it is likely to understand, that anyone who might be cast into hell, is because they have aliened themself with the devil, rejecting God's free gift of salvation. 

 Therefore, we who are alive, as long as we have breath, we will most likely defy God in one way or another; whether it is by doing something we shouldn't do or not doing what we should do. But as long as we have breath in our lungs, we have hope! This hope is not based upon that which we do or do not do, but is based upon what Christ has done for us: and that, my friend, is a Mighty Weapon...

 ""O LORD of Heaven's Armies, God of Israel, I have been bold enough to pray this prayer to you because you have revealed all this to your servant, saying, 'I will build a house for you - a dynasty of kings! For you are God, O Sovereign LORD. Your words are truth, and you have promised these good things to your servant. And now, may it please you to bless the house of your servant, so that it may continue forever before you. For you have spoken, and when you grant a blessing to your servant, O Sovereign LORD, it is an eternal blessing!"" (2 Samuel 7:27-29 NLT)   

No comments:

Post a Comment