Saturday, November 25, 2023

"I Thirst"

 "After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst." (John 19:28 KJV)

  "When he sees all that is accomplished by his anguish, he will be satisfied. And because of his experience, my righteous servant will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for he will bear all their sins." (Isaiah 53:11 NLT)

 When we accept Jesus into our hearts, we are given a new life, all things have become new; our life is now looking forward to the day we will be with our Savior in heaven. Prior to Jesus being crucified, all of those that looked for this Salvation, even though it had not happened yet, they believed that it would, and they too looked forward to being with the Lord in heaven. 

 The big difference is that they were looking forward to His coming salvation; while we look back upon what He has done. What a huge difference between the two; one is rather thirsty, longing for that which is to come; the other has living water running through them, because the task is already done. 

 Forgive me for ending this so shortly, Marianne has been sick all night, and I hardly feel much better...

"O God, you are my God, I will earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water." (PSALM 63:1 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment