Thursday, July 13, 2023

"Just So You Know"

 "Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me?" (John 16:19 KJV)

  "O LORD, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or when I stand up. You know my thoughts even when I am far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD." (Psalm 139:1-4 NLT)

 If you really want to know, the fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, because you really don't hide anything from Him; anything you do, that you pretend He does not see, is completely foolishness! It is just that, which, as my mother would say, "Is throwing wisdom out the window!" Take that in and let is sink into some sort of understanding, because believe it or not, you actually don't control wisdom! 

 How do you like those apples? It might be something that will be debated in the academic world, as those that think they are wise will challenge the thought; but wisdom comes with knowledge of the truth. And, if you stray from the truth, then you become a fool, and wisdom is tossed to the side, like you tossed out the window, saying, 'I don't need you anymore!' 

 Anywho, this is meant to be about something totally different; just the opposite of that, which is that of fear. Instead, it is something that should amaze us and give us peace and joy, beyond comprehension! Because the God who choose us, knows us, inside and out! You think you messed up, as if God doesn't know what you might do, or how you will pretend He can't see you! There is nothing we do that He is not aware of; even those dreams that you have, the ones that you wish you could erase. 

 That might seem rather frightening to some, but that is the whole point of our amazement! He still loves us! He loved us before the foundations of the world existed! He offers salvation to all that want it, all that thirst for it, knowing that they need it so desperately, because they cannot get it any other way! There is no other way! 

 Last night, Pastor Bryan mentioned a few things about Israel and what they represent in regards to the church; how the church dismisses them as no longer God's anointed, or that the church has somehow replaced them. But they represent us! Broken people that are governed by God! That is what we must understand, if we are to make it into the promised land...

""For I hold you by your right hand - I, the LORD your God. And I say to you, 'Don't be afraid. I am here to help you. Though you are a lowly worm, O Jacob, don't be afraid, for I will help you. I am the LORD, your Redeemer. I am the Holy One of Israel.'"" (Isaiah 41:13-14 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment