Tuesday, July 11, 2023

"Inquiring Minds"

 "Then said some of his disciples among themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me: and, Because I go to the Father?" (John 16:17 KJV)

  "One day Moses was tending the flock of his father-in-law, Jethro, the priest of Midian. He led the flock far into the wilderness and came to Sinai, the mountain of God. There an angel of the LORD appeared to him in a blazing fire from the middle of a bush. Moses stared in amazement. Though the bush was engulfed in flames, it didn't burn up. "This is amazing," Moses said to himself. "Why isn't that bush burning up? I must go see it."" (Exodus 3:1-3 NLT)

 I hope anyone that is paying attention is having fun trying to figure out what is going on; because there are many things that people want to know answers to, but no answers are being given. This might be the most important time to be alive, having such a chance to witness and take part in something, dare I say, that is extraordinary and hard to find answers to. 

 Try to imagine what was going through the mind of the disciples; they were in a quandary, just trying to understand; but at the same time, trusting that everything was going to be alright. Does that sound a little familiar to anyone? It is pretty much where we are as a church, as we see everything around us starting to either fall apart or be set into some sort of new order; yet, at the same time, telling each other that it's all going to be okay. 

 Just so happens, I heard a message the other day that might help anyone that has an inquiring mind. To be clear, God has a way of making things known to those that seek answers. We might not get the answer we are searching for; but He will give us the answer that we need, if we are just willing to trust Him. 

 Our number one reason to know anything, is to be led by God, and to do His will, not our own! That is really not that complicated, nor all that mysterious. We just need to keep asking! Having been there, and still there, I can shine a little light on the subject of needing answers, because sometimes the answers we are looking for just require us to listen and obey! 

 It sounds easier than it looks! There are certain days when I feel like I am totally out of step, and then there are days where I feel like I have my feet firmly planted. Please forgive me for sounding a little weird, but I am pretty sure it not just me! 

 Believe it or not, but this is something that must be worked out between you and God! You don't need to discuss anything with anyone else, even though you probably will anyways. Most of what we are afraid of or overly concerned about, will pass by and be nothing at all; but what God requires of us, is something that is simple, easy to follow, yet just requires obedience. 

 If you don't believe me, then look for yourself! God is the One who does the heavy lifted, we just need to show up...

"Jesus told them, "This is the only work God wants from you, Believe in the one he has sent."" (John 6:29 NLT) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment