Sunday, July 16, 2023

"Prayer Promises"

  ""At that time you won't need to ask me for anything. I tell you the truth, you will ask the Father directly, and he will grant your request because you use my name. You haven't done this before. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy. 

 "I have spoken of these matters in figure of speech, but soon I will stop speaking figuratively and will tell you plainly all about the Father. Then you will ask in my name. I'm not saying I will ask the Father on your behalf, for the Father himself loves you dearly because you love me and believe that I came from God. Yes, I came from the Father into the world, and now I will leave the world and return the Father."

 Then his disciples said, "At last you are speaking plainly and not figurative. Now we understand that you know everything, and there's no need to question you. From this we believe that you came from God." 

 Jesus asked, "Do you finally believe? But the time is coming - indeed it's here now - when you will be scattered, each one going his own way, leaving me alone. Yet I am not alone because the Father is with me. I have told you all this so that may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."" (John 16:23-33 NLT)

  "The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth; because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of out God shall stand for ever." (Isaiah 40:6-8 KJV)

 As I was thinking about yesterday, (a day when I should have been filled with joy,) there was this thing that seem to have kept bothering me, something that made my heart heavy and my soul cry out for help. Sometimes we really don't know why we get bothered by little things that really can't hurt us, but just the thought of being tormented by it, is enough to cause us to call out to God for help. 

 Without getting into the reason, let me reason something else into this title, "Prayer Promises." There are a couple of different ways to look at this, because there needs to be some sort of explanation of why the promise seems to not happen, even though it should. 

 Having some experience in this matter, I might have an answer for you, if you are someone that might want to know. God will never break His promise, ever! He cannot lie, therefore He will not tell you anything, and then go back on His word. We, on the other hand, do not keep our promises, nor do we have the ability to always tell the truth. 

 I know that might sound as if I am saying that everyone lies, but I cannot prove that, neither can you; but not telling the truth is sometimes not a lie; it is just not saying that which you should. My reason for wanting something from God, might just be me asking out of obligation or because it seems like the right thing to do; but deep down in my heart, I really could care less, maybe even, I might not really want it at all. 

 If you think that is not really a thing, then think again! We just try to avoid thinking about it...

"Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:28-31 NLT) 


No comments:

Post a Comment