Saturday, July 29, 2023

"All Things!"

 "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." (John 16:33 KJV) 

  "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purposes for them. For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And having called them, he gave them right standing with himself. And having given them right standing, he gave them his glory." (Romans 8:28-30 NLT)

 As I was beginning to start this morning's post, I focused on what Jesus was saying to His disciples, and I realized the point He was making, as to the forgiveness that is found in Him! We really get messed up on our mess-ups; so much so, it sometimes hinders our ability to share all that the Lord gives to use, like, peace and joy and the ability to love one another. These things are the properties of Christ, and in Him, we are overcomers, because He has already overcome the world! 

 It really is about abiding in Christ! In this world, we will be knocked down, kicked around, and even sometimes beat ourselves up. But we always have Jesus to pick us up and put us right-side up again! This is what it takes to be saved by grace; we don't deserve it, but He gets us across the finish-line, no matter what! 

 All the time we waste by dealing with our own issues, when we should be busy doing His work, and allow Him to do the work in us! The more we focus upon the weaknesses and issues we might have, the less time we are equipped to do those things that matter most, like sharing the goodness of God! It is through Christ that we have strength, not by our own strength, but in Him! 

 Sorry for all the exclamation marks, but I feel as though this is something important. It's almost like we have two different personalities, the one that walks in the flesh, and the one that abides in Christ; they always are fighting one-another; but no matter what, in the end, we win! All things work together for the good! Don't ask me how, because I personally don't really want to know. I just want to believe that Jesus is the way, and I need to keep my focus on Him...

"As for me, my I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world's interest in me has also died. It doesn't matter whether we have been circumcised or not. What counts is whether we have been transformed into a new creature. May God's peace and mercy be upon all who live by this principle; they are the new people of God." (Galatians 6:14-16 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment