Tuesday, July 25, 2023

"Crystal Clear"

 "His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb." (John 16:29 KJV)

  "When I first came to you, dear brothers and sisters, I didn't use lofty words and impressive wisdom to tell you God's secret plan. For I decided that while I was with you I would forget everything except Jesus Christ, the one who was crucified. I came to you in weakness - timid and trembling. And my message and my preaching were very plain. Rather than using clever and persuasive speeches, I relied on the power of the Holy Spirit. I did this so you would trust not in human wisdom but in the power of God." (1 Corinthians 2:1-5 NLT)

 Not to reheat old stories, but I was reminded of something the other day that really rocked my world for several weeks. First off, there has been a commercial on the CSN that has been bothering me for several months, as a particular person of academia is quoting the woman caught in adultery, when Jesus says, "Woman, where are your accusers? Does not even one condemn you?" And the announcer says that the woman says, "None, Sir."  

 Every time I heard that commercial, I would feel my heart wench. There are some things that are easy to comprehend, and then there are things that might take several times of hearing it, as it grows and grows in you understanding. This too, like that, was the thing that happened to the disciples. Jesus really didn't say anything new, because He had said this same thing several times before; He just clarified what was already said! 

 Back in the time of the pandemic, (if it is yet over,) I had a couple of days where I was dealing with some very crazy spiritual-warfare. My in-laws were dealing with Covid and I had set them up with some simple medications and some monitors to help keep track of their temperature and saturation's. My wife and I had started praying for them, and I seriously believe that Marianne was praying for them! 

 I was stuck in a portion of the Scriptures, John 5:11, and it was causing me to question what was wrong with the lame man's answer, "The man who healed me told me, "Pick up your mat and walk." As I stood over Marianne, I kept reading the same verse over and over, saying, "What is wrong with this, that I cannot understand?" Over and over again, I kept reading it, at least a dozen times; each time getting more and more determined to find the answer. 

 After a while, Marianne started to have a concerned look on her face, and I instantly understood what it was that I was missing! I know that sounds weird, but I truly believe that her concerned look is what triggered that thought in me, because it instantly hit me, like a shock! The man that was lame forgot the most important part of what Jesus said, "Stand!" 

 I know, it seems like that isn't really all that big of a deal, but the commands of God and the way He speaks, they matter a lot! We must not ever forget Who we are dealing with and how important it is that we do not change what is written or said, not even a little. The whole point of this goes back to the very beginning, when Eve added something to God's command, saying "We should not even touch it." 

 I am not perfectly gifted with teaching, but when I mess up sharing the Scriptures, no matter how much I make good in the presentation of the message, one wrong point, and everything is lost! You say one thing that does not bare the truth, and your whole point is no longer credible.

 Which is why the Jew's answered that man who was carrying his mat on the Sabbath, "Who said such a thing as that?" The authority of the command was not mentioned, "Stand"...

"For God, who said, "Let there be light in the darkness," had made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ." (2 Corinthians 4:6 NLT) 


No comments:

Post a Comment