Friday, September 24, 2021

"Witness of Works"

 "But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me." (John 5:36 KJV)

  "The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is upon me, for the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed." (Isaiah 61:1 NLT) 

 If the Lord has entered into you, you are a New Creature! We can count on this, because it has been done; not that you have been made perfect, because you are still walking in your sinful body; but because you are perfect in Christ! Don't let anyone try to judge you, as if they are your judge; we have only One judge to answer to, and His judgment is righteous and true! 

 Okay then, time to see what this finished work is all about! I will refresh your memory about that little conversation Jesus had on the road with His two followers. As with most everyone else, the death of Jesus on the cross was a devastating blow to the hopes and beliefs that they had in, not only the message Jesus brought, but the works which were done, healing the blind, curing the lame, raising the dead to life; all of those miracles were wiped away from their memories by the death He suffered upon the cross.

 They say, the preacher or evangelist is only as good as his last sermon; the message that was shown to all that looked upon Jesus, the Savior of the world, was not very promising to those that witnessed what He suffered through on that cross. His mother, His brothers, even His disciples, who He had told plainly about what should happen; everyone was devastated by the bloody ordeal that was put on display, for all to see!

 Add to that, something extraordinary, that the place was packed with Jewish worshippers from all over the known world. The third hour on the Day of Passover, as many travelers from all the surrounding regions had come to celebrate Passover, the Lamb of God was slain! Wow...

""I tell you the truth, anyone who believes has eternal life. Yes, I am the bread of life! Your ancestors ate manna in the wilderness, but they all died. Anyone who eats the bread from heaven, however, will never die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will life forever; and this bread, which I will offer so the world may live, is my flesh."" (John 6:47-51 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment