Friday, September 17, 2021

"Thrust"

"I can of mine own will do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." (John 5:30 KJV)

  "But I am a worm and not a man. I am scorned and despised by all! Everyone who sees me mocks me. They sneer and shake their heads, saying, "Is this the one who relies on the LORD? Then let the LORD save him! If the LORD loves him so much, let the LORD recue him!" Yet you brought me safely from me mother's womb and led me to trust you at my mother's breast. I was thrust into your arms at my birth. You have been my God from the moment I was born." (PSALM 22:6-10 NLT) 

 I know that this will be rather boring to some, but it is most likely the greatest example of what the Father and Son relationship is made from, for, and all about! If you saw the movie Thor, the first one where he was sent down from his father Odin to the earth, the word, "sent," is actually the same multifaceted event, and with great force! 

 There are so many things which we do not know or understand; primarily the concept of time, the vast particles all around us, the shape of air, the constant hum of the universe; you just cannot even begin to understand what you cannot know, as you cannot know what you do not understand. But God, the One and only GOD of all creation, has made Himself known to us, that our understanding might be sufficient enough, so that we can trust Him! 

 Isn't that an amazing and wonderful taste of Good News? As complex as He is, the simple illustration of His love for us, is all that we need to satisfy our ability to put all of our trust in Him! I mean, sure we can long for more knowledge of what might be known; but none of that is actually necessary for the purpose of trusting Him with our lives; especially when it comes to our eternal life! 

 As we draw closer and closer to the day of departure, it is more and more important that we are satisfied with what He has made known, not questioning that which we know not! Crazy as that might seem, but there are vast numbers of would be, could be believers that have turned away from the Good News, because the rest of the news was too hard to understand. It is a shame to see it happen, because it just doesn't need to be that way; if they would only embrace the simple truth, without the need for every little detail! 

 On a lighter side of this argument, is the Scripture from Job 38:22-23, as God says something to Job which was most likely 4,000 years away from becoming a reality. There are some things that are just too complex and out of reach; even if we could, they would too small or too big to examine on our own...  

"Hast thou entered into the treasure of the snow? Or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail, which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?" (Job 38:22-23 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment