Monday, September 20, 2021

"Have No Doubt!"

 "If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true." (John 5:31-32 KJV)

  "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of the things which do appear." (Hebrews 11:1-3 KJV)

 If I had to make a bet, it would be that Darwin had grown up knowing the words we see above from Hebrews, and that he rebelled against God, making every effort to try and disprove the principles that are plainly understood through faith in God. There is really no other why to explain why it could have been, since the basic principles of the Creator are so completely undeniable! 

 I can recall as a child, maybe about ten years old, laying in the backyard at night and gazing into the night sky; there was no doubt in my mind that there was a God, a Master Creator of the universe. As I looked intently. I could see the stars pulsating and apparently growing and shrinking, almost as if God himself was breathing life in and out of the heavens above.

 When summer was over and it was time to get back to school, I remember walking into the classroom for the first time, and seeing the poster of the evolution of man above the chalkboard. For me, this was not only a joke, but it was something that I took as an offence to basic faith in the God I believed in. I was so offended by what I saw, I marched up to the teachers deck and turned his globe upside-down. And what do you think he said to that? "Interesting, this could actually be the way the earth is actually facing." 

 Did you know, that the Bible shows us the earth is round? Have you ever discovered that the Bible speaks to the scientific discoveries of light and darkness? The specific origins of life, any life that you might name, God shows us in His word how it was made and why He made it. And the key to this understanding is all based upon faith! 

 It is by faith that we understand the truth; and when we understand, that truth which is made known in us, it is planted as a seed; a seed that grows up into something big enough to climb up into, and see even further! That is my observation, so don't base anything of principle upon it; but faith is witnessed by our very souls! 

 We all have a soul, this eternal thing that is living inside of us. It is this soul that knows and longs for a connection to the Creator, the eternal God. Many refer to that as a God-shaped-hole, which is a giant void inside of us which needs to be filled. We strive all of lives to fill it, but there is nothing on this earth that will fit that hole; only God is the one that will, and it is only Him we need to satisfy the emptiness inside of our eternal soul.

 You might not have learned that in school growing up; you probably did not come to understand it on your own; but, nonetheless, you know it still is the truth! Make someone see what they otherwise do not see! That is the object of today's conversation, if you may...

"How much more do I need to say? It would take too long to recount the stories of the faith of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, David, Samuel, and all the prophets. By faith these people overthrew kingdoms, ruled with justice, and received what God had promised them. The shut the mouths of lions, quenched the flames of fire, escaped death by the edge of the sword. Their weakness was turned to strength. They became strong in battle and put whole armies to flight. Women received their loved ones back from the dead. But others were tortured, refusing to turn from God in order to be set free. They placed their hope in a better life after the resurrection." (Hebrews 11:32-35 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment