Tuesday, September 14, 2021

"True Life Giver" - 2

 "For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; and hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man." (John 5:26-27 KJV) 

  "Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's." (Psalms 103:1-5 KJV)

 Do not be afraid of what might happen, but be excited for the opportunities ahead to share what God puts upon your hearts. That is the best we can try to do; not because there are things pressing down upon us, but because God's will must be done! There are only a few things that really matter in this life; most of the stuff we try to make important are of no value towards the kingdom of God. But making sure that those you love have been saved, that is pretty much the top of the list! 

 I have prayed that God might change some things in my life, my work being one of them. Don't get me wrong, because I love what I do, mostly because I am rather good at it and it pays the bills. But when it comes to having peace and joy, the stress from dealing with business and twelve hour work days, it just seems to rob me of focus on the priorities that matter most. 

 That said, there are many ways I believe that God can use us to be vessels in the business world; whether you are in the service-industry, retail, hospitality, sales, commerce, government, or in the ministry, we are to be working as onto the Lord. Oddly enough, I feel peace about whatever it is that God wants to do; even if it requires whatever, because what if seems to be most important. 

 Ask yourself what it is that is your What If. What if the Lord came today, would I be ready? What if my life was turned upside down, would I be encouraged? What if there was something wrong with my health, would it sharpen my focus upon the life to come? I think you get the point, because this there are so many things going on around us, we hardly have enough time think about what is to come, because we are too busy dealing with and trying to keep up, with the things that are passing by.

 Please don't think I have given up, because that is not my reason for saying these things I am saying. This is about the urgency of waking up and paying attention to the calling upon our lives! I am not really sure that my calling is to be what I am doing, so in this climate of craziness, I feel God is calling me to do something else; something a little more valuable than dealing with termites in houses; but the might's in the life of husbands and wives! 

 I am pretty sure that God has blessed me with the situation I have been in, because it has shown me something very important about the man's role in his marriage. Without getting too carried away, my main focus is based upon Ephesians 5; especially when it comes to husbands and wives. Please don't be offended by this: but I believe that my most important message is based upon the man's love towards his wife! 

 I know this is a hot-button issue, as I have been put down several times for bringing it up. It is my firm belief that the husband has got to be the provider to his wife; and when I say provider, I am speaking of love! He must show her the love he wants to be loved like, and she will respond! Anywho...

"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of the word, that he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish." (Ephesians 5:25-27 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment