Friday, September 3, 2021

"Not My Time!"

"For the Father loveth the Son, and showeth him all things that himself doeth: and he will show him greater works than these, that ye may marvel." (John 5:20 KJV)

  "Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the forward. For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God." (1 Peter 2:18-20 KJV)

 Is there such a thing as knowing your time is up? Is there a way to know, without a doubt, your time is not yet here? Next question: Does a man have intuition as to the way he shall depart? Well, in this small verse, John 5:20, I believe that there are some clues written, as to the certainty and confidence of purpose. I may sometimes speak out of turn; and I might sometimes share more than I know; but you cannot stop or slow me down, if God is still using me! 

 Anywho! You can read it for whatever you want, but Jesus absolutely knows what death is He is going to suffer, and it's not going to be there in the Temple, and it is not going to be then, in that moment! I was absolutely amazed when I heard of Rich Mullins death. After meeting him at LCC back in the early days in Palo Cedro, I was curious about the hand written note he wrote upon my sons hat: Love God! 

 In those early days, I was driving down to Southern California at least once a month; as at that time I was operating as a Branch Office for Professional Exterminators in Bellflower. It was required that there be some sort of continuity between us, in order to perform work in that manor. Usually my drive would by structured for me to go there and back with 24 hours. I would leave around 11:00pm, arrive for my meeting by 8:00am, and then back on the road usually by noon, to allow for stopping to nap, eat, or just whatever; just to be home by 11:00pm, so that my wife would be able to get some sleep, and not be worried about me. 

 This was my journey into Rich Mullin's world; especially on the drive down, as it was dark, light traffic, and I could blast the music load, enjoying ever single moment. One of his songs really made me think of what I am talking about; not that he might have had confidence when, but it was how! If God is still going to use you, you are pretty much going to be indestructible; but if it is your time, then it is your time: Go out like Elijah...

"And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me. And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so." (2 Kings 2:9-10 KJV)  

No comments:

Post a Comment