Thursday, September 23, 2021

"Witness of John" -2

 "Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth. But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved. He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light." (John 5:33-35 KJV)

  ""Look, I am sending you the prophet Elijah before the great and dreadful day of the LORD arrives. His preaching will turn the hearts of fathers to their children, and the hearts of children to their fathers. Otherwise I will come and strike the land with a curse."" (Malachi 4:5-6 NLT) 

 As fun as that was, I don't think it quite made the point I was looking to make! Just so you know, there are certain principles that are common to just about every life, whether you are rich or poor, a strong leader or a weak follower, a smart person or a person of little sense; that is just the way it is, period! James clearing says, "What do you think the Scriptures mean when they say that the spirit God has placed within us is filled with envy?" (James 4:5 NLT)

 If you might have missed the memo, Adam had a little touch of envy as he was naming the animals; which caused God to say, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him." (Genesis 2:18 KJV) Not that is makes any difference to the story, but that was God way of making man aware of his need, and then supplying for that need. It is pretty much the same thing He does in us, as He makes us aware of that void, then He provides all the steps needed to get us fixed! 

 Basically, that was John's witness, to declare the day of the LORD! Making all know that they were all sinners, in need of a Savior; and then declaring to all, saying, "Behold, the Lamb of God!" That is what happened to me; as I expect it is the same for all of you! Once you see your condition, knowing full well that there is nothing you can do to fix it, your heart is prepared for the fix! 

 I know that I am a broken record on this subject; and it is pretty obvious by the vast differences in opinions, that I am not quite in the majority: but once you have been fixed by God, you are fixed for good! There is no turning back from fixed! Somehow, I find it hard to convey that message; but then again, it is also hard to tell a man that is married to a woman that loves him, if things go wrong in that relationship, it is the man's fault! 

 Anywho: I have made my point; be that as it may, sorry to see you go...

"Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: and I give them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him." (John 10:24-31 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment