Tuesday, September 21, 2021

"Have No Doubt!" -Too

 "If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. There is another the beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true." (John 5:31-32 KJV)

"For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. His government and its peace will never end. He will rule with fairness and justice from the throne of his ancestor David for all eternity. The passionate commitment of the LORD of Heaven's Armies will make this happen!" (ISAIAH 9:6-7 NLT)

 Well, it was a rather interesting day, in the world of Termite Inspections, that is; I was able to show a few people things that they otherwise could not see; it just so happens, they were all involving structural damage on homes, not much to do with spiritual matters of the heart. I really do love what I do, even though it can sometimes consume all of my free time and make my day a little bit annoying. I must be thankful and praise God for the blessings, all be it stressful, it pays the bills and helps me bless others! Isn't that what we are meant to do? 

 As I was praying about what God is speaking into my heart, it became apparent to me that Jesus was still in a conversation with the Jewish leaders in the Temple; not so much that they were able to speak, but it is abundantly clear, Jesus was opening up some truths to these men, most of which they would not accept, even if they could see what He was telling them about. It is one thing for us to see what God is showing us, it is altogether another thing for it to take root in our hearts; especially when our hearts are hard to the truths of God! 

 If you have been born again for any amount of time, longer than a decade or two, then you should know by now that everyday in your walk with the Lord is not always filled with new and beautiful expressions of living a Spirit-filled-life. There are days when you have doubts; there are days when you are pinned into a corner of life, when you are challenged to prove to yourself that this is real. It is pretty much the same basic principle, whether you are old or new in this faith, faith is not based upon your circumstance, your situation; and especially not how you might be feeling about life! 

 If you really want to know what Jesus is trying to say, it is about what God says, not what we think! If I base my walk with the Lord upon what I might think or how I see things, especially when it comes to my own spiritual journey, then my faith in God's hand being upon my life, well let's just say, I will not feel very close to God. But, if I listen to what God says, based upon His word and the Holy Spirit's confirmation in my heart, then that is the truth which I otherwise cannot see! Based upon the failures in my life, "Epic Fail!," are the words I hear myself say, over and over about myself.

 Thankfully, God has the victory over all of our failures! We mess things up, He fixes and restores! We ruin our relationships, He make the relationship about Him, and then knits hearts together, even stronger then ever! These are the things we miss looking for, the things that matter the most are the opportunities for things to come alive in our fellowship with one another. A heart gets to live out what it otherwise does not get to experience, which is based upon the Lord being in our conversation; and that is not just for conversation sake, that is for all eternity! 

 Maybe those times of feeling doubt, are associated with us being out of fellowship with one another? I am not trying to judge, I am just trying to make some observations in my own life, based upon those times when I doubt my salvation, or don't think any of this matters. Don't doubt what you do not see, but focus upon what you know to be true, based upon what God says, not based upon what man says! 

 Don't look at me, I didn't write this stuff or try and make sense of something I otherwise cannot or do not understand. The conversation is all about Jesus! He is not only the Savior of all, He made all that He has saved! If you have a problem with doubt, then you need to talk it over with the Lord: He knows how to fix whatever is broken in your relationship, with just a touch...

"So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lord. For we live by believing and not by seeing. Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord. So whether we are here in this body or away from this body, our goal is to please him. For we must all stand before Christ to be judged. We will each receive whatever we deserve for the good or evil we have done in this earthly life." (2 Corinthians 5:6-10 NLT) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment