Sunday, September 5, 2021

"Life for Life"

 "For as the father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the the Son quickeneth whom he will." (John 5:21 KJV) 

  "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, also said, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law." (James 2:10-11 KJV) 

 I know, it just makes no sense! Yes, I know, especially in this current culture; a culture where there is an excuse written and put into place for almost every sin imaginable! It is really sad to see, but there are so many people deceived into thinking that their sin is justified and uncontrollable based upon man's logic or findings, and forgetting that what really matters is the Written Word of God! 

 Okay, so you want to know what the heck it is that I am getting at? Well, it is pretty much in line with all that I have been saying for over this whole last week: It is time to get serious about our calling and our purpose! But you say, "I don't have a calling or purpose; and if I did, I don't know what it is!" Can I tell you a little secret? That is not true and you will not be able to use that excuse! 

 I'm sorry if that makes you feel uneasy; but it is really high-time someone makes Pew-Sitters feel uneasy, so that maybe they might begin to start walking out their ministry; even if all that involves is to walk around carrying a mat! We are not saved to be left waiting to die and go to Heaven: we are saved to live out heaven here on this earth; which basically means: We show off our hope; just as God will one day show us off, saying, "Look what I made!"  

 Anywho: that little highlighted portion of Hebrews from yesterday's closing Scripture, which is sometimes molested so bad that it makes bad Christians give up: it points to something that is about as important as salvation; which is pretty much the point! We are not saved by works, works meaning that you set out to try and earn your way into heaven; because you cannot earn your way into heaven! We are saved by faith in God's grace! 

 Okay, so just in case you are not familiar with the concept: grace is you receiving something that you do not deserve! I don't deserve the salvation that I have received because I am the chief of all sinners! I can actually say that that is mostly correct! That said, what that should do in me, (or you,) is to makes me very much aware of what I am, what God has given to me, even though I do not deserve it, and then, that is what I must live out from my own life: Life for Life! 

 But then, what do I know, I'm just a nut! But a nut doesn't fall too far from the Tree! At least that is what my mom always told me...

"So whatever you say or whatever you do, remember that you will be judged by the law that sets you free. There will be no mercy for those who have not shown mercy to others. But if you have been merciful, God will be merciful when he judges you." (James 2:12-13 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment