Wednesday, July 14, 2021

"The Woman of Samaria"

 "There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink. (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.) Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, asketh drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans." (John 4:7-9 KJV) 

"After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst." (John 19:28 KJV)

  How wonderful it might have been to be a fly on the edge of this well, just to witness this brief encounter. As it were, the woman was totally within her rights to ask Jesus what she asked Him; for not only was she a Samaritan, but just the fact that she was a woman, there were other aspects involved in the questionable conversation. 

  As to the point about the hour, John is the only one that does not mention the hour, but all the others, Matthew, Mark, and Luke, do mention the sixth hour, as it was the hour when darkness covered the earth; which many believe to be that time when Jesus took on the sins of all mankind. For a span of three hours, Jesus carried all of the burdens of this world; not only did He need to hold up His own weight, upon that cross, but He took on the weight of all of our sins too! 

  Anyways; here we are, in a very special moment. Not that it really matters, but it seems as though God has something about using certain people for certain things; as if there is something to do with the line of whatever it is that He is working His will through! Maybe it has something to do with spiritual verses physical, or the head verses the body; I just don't know what it could be, but there seems to be some kind of a connection. 

  Any time that we have the opportunity to share Jesus Christ with anyone, it is very important that we do not loose that chance to be blessed! As we shall see, this is not just a casual encounter; this is the Lord taking the time to share very personal information with someone that He knows will be able to make that information known. 

  We never know who it is that we are sharing with, as to what they will do with what they are told; it is really not our place to know; nor should we try to make it our place. We simply share, unashamedly share! Making it count, not that it won't, but because we know that it will; maybe instantly, or maybe later on; it is really not our job to do more than God will ask us to do.

  Some plant, some water, and some will get to harvest; but all are given the same reward. Just do what God wants you to do, and be blessed in so doing...

"Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away. Wherefore, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? Is my hand shortened at all, that I cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver? behold, at my rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness: their fish stinketh, because there is no water, and dieth for thirst. I clothe the heavens with blackness, and I make sackcloth their covering. The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by mourning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned. The Lord GOD hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back." (Isaiah 50:1-5 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment