Monday, July 19, 2021

"Idol Words"

 ""But sir, you don't have a rope or a bucket," she said, "and this well is very deep. Where would you get this living water? And besides, do you think you're greater than our ancestor Jacob, who gave us this well? How can you offer better water than he and his sons and his animals enjoyed?"" (John 4:11-12 NLT) 

  "We know that we are children of God and that the world around us is under the control of the evil one. And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God. And now we live in fellowship with the true God because we live in fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life. Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God's place in your hearts." (1 John 5:19-21 NLT)

  Yes, it is a little strange, and it might be somewhat over the top; but this is sometimes where we find ourselves, as we build upon things which might not be the result that God is after. If you really want to know, God's purposes do not evolve around our desires; and they surely don't result from the things which have been built by mankind. These are things that are worldly and never last; God builds things towards the eternal: the Kingdom of God is eternal! 

  Looking at this from a worldly point of view, there are several points which many people would say were reasonable and easy to understand. One might even suggest that there was truth in some, as if there actually was a way for Jacob to have given anything to the Samaritans; which is not possible, but then again, it's all about what you believe that matters. To be perfectly honest, we brought nothing into this world, and we take nothing out of this world when we leave; how then is it possible to give anything away, that is not yours in the first place? 

  I know that I have not been perfect when it comes to planning out what God should do; as a matter of fact, I think it has just about always turned out to be a total and completely different result than the one that I planned for! That said, it is my experience that God is so full of love and mercy, He allows for us to mess things up, just so He can demonstrate what He can do with us through the messes we make. It is not about anything we have or do not have in this life; it is about how we see God...

"Then Job relied to the LORD: "I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you. You asked, 'Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?' It is I - and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me. You said, 'Listen and I will speak! I have questions for you, and you must answer them.' I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes. I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance."" (Job 42:1-6 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment