Saturday, July 31, 2021

"The Messiah"

"The woman saith unto him, I know that Messiah cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he." (John 4:25-26 KJV)

  "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, Their sound went into all the the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you. But Isaiah is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying nation." (Romans 10:17-21 KJV) 

  So then, all of those something wrongs, but nevertheless, all is well, those are the, in spirit and in truth, kind of things we must go by. It is really not a matter of being blessed because we have no trials or hardships, because they will come! Jesus said, "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." (Matthew 6:19-21 KJV)

  Before you turn away by thinking I do not know what I am talking about, let me try to explain what it is that I know to be truth. First of all, those things which should shake me, I have experienced to be the things that strengthen my faith and give me greater hope. If I need to be given proof, then I have to go through the fire; if you know what I mean! It is something I expect to happen, not because I deserve it, but because it needs to happen to strengthen my walk. 

 You can say whatever you want to, I can take it; but I know from experience that trials are for building me up, not for tearing me down! James, the brother of Jesus, says, "Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing." (James 1:2-4 NLT)

 Why is this even relevant? "Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing he hath no heart to it?" (Proverbs 17:16 KJV) Why? and to what purpose? Quite simple, if you ask me! But sense you probably won't, let me tell you want I think it's all about. You really don't need to know anything about anything, if you do not plan to change your mind! If you are not willing to accept the truth, then the truth really does not matter! 

 In case none of that makes any sense, I will speak a little slower: The Messiah cometh, because He comes to this world from above... What things do you really want to talk about... 

"Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, be was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned everyone to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all." (Isaiah 53:4-6 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment