Tuesday, July 13, 2021

"Jesus, Being Wearied"

 "Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour." (John 4:5-6 KJV) 

  "But now, O Jacob, listen to the LORD who created you. O Israel, the one who formed you says, "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom; I gave Ethiopia and Seba in your place. Others were given in exchange for you. I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you."" (Isaiah 43:1-4 NLT)

  As it stands, there are some things that take very little time, and then there are the things that require a multitude of lifetimes; generations upon generations of circumstances and trials, setbacks and victories; even tragedies and overwhelming times of joy. Through it all, there are certain, markers, if you will, which are little symbols of things, which become reminders of times gone past.

  I guess it takes a certain kind of living to really understand that kind of perspective, but if you are willing to consider what John is trying to point out, there are subtle hints John gives with the details; details of times gone by, finished off with, the time of the current day. What time was this? It was that time of the day!  

  Anywho, enough with the drama and suggested references to things we all know nothing about; this is also about the Man, the subjected Son of God, caught up in a world that He created, subject to the toil He did not cause, but no doubt would soon overcome! It really must take a whole lot of love to make this type of journey needful and important enough to take on. But then again, if it is what you are made for, then it is basically, a labor of love...

""But you are my witnesses, O Israel!" says the LORD. "You are my servant. You have been chosen to know me, believe in me, and understand that I alone am God. There is no other God - there never has been, and there never will be. I, yes I, am the LORD, and there is no other Savior. First I predicted your rescue, then I saved you and proclaimed it to the world. No foreign god has ever done this. You are witnesses that I am the only God," says the LORD. "From eternity to eternity I am God. No one can snatch anyone out of my hand. No one can undo what I have done."" (Isaiah 43:10-13 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment