Monday, July 5, 2021

"The Fullness of God"

 "For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him." (John 3:34 KJV)

  "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power." (Colossians 2:9-10 KJV)

  Before I accepted Jesus into my heart, this was something I would not even try to understand; it would have been something that I could not even have tried to think of, for fear that it would pull me into some sort of corruption of the mind, or take me into some sort spiritual depression, by simply trying to explore the possibilities. No joke; this was the concept I had been raised with and my understanding of how it all worked. 

  The Passage from Isaiah 9:6 is my favorite to share with those that come knocking on my door; it is by far the most announcing Scripture to the power and might of Jesus Christ. Yet, the stupid answer I get in response, I hate to even say it, shows no respect to power and truth of God's written word. Those that will challenge what it says, pretend to believe that it declares that Jesus would simply be called those things, but it did not mean that He would be those things. 

  It is pretty much the same reply you get when you mention the reply Thomas blurted out after putting his finger in the hand, and fist in the side of Jesus, saying, "My Lord and my God!" They try to say that Thomas cursed, as if his astonishment caused him to shout out, 'Oh my God,' type of a response. Which, if you have half a mind to think, you would see that it should have resulted in a totally different response from Jesus.  

  There is no other way that we can begin to understand the truth, than having the Truth within us! If the Spirit of God is not abiding within you, you will not see the connection; you cannot see the connection, because you are not connected yourself to the Truth. Long story short: you are spiritually blind. Don't take that wrong if you fall into this type of understanding of whether or not Jesus is God; it is really not your fault; but it will be your fault if you stay that way! 

  This is mostly the point of what John is trying to say, that Jesus was not just some other prophet or teacher or messenger of God: He was from God and there was no limit to the Spirit of God within Him. Now, I don't know what you have been told about the concept of God's power, but last I checked, the Bible is pretty clear, His power has no limits...

"Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant. Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost." (1 Corinthians 12:1-3 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment